Berkshire Health Systems is hiring a RN Clinical Supervisor – Berkshire Surgical.
The RN is a member of the physician practice management team. The RN – Clinical Supervisor serves as the clinic’s lead clinician, along with Practice Management team, supervising clinical staff within an ambulatory setting. This position coordinates, assigns, and guides the work activities of clinical staff. This position monitors work schedules, supports quality initiatives, works to improve workflows and clinical effectiveness, leads nursing practice oversight, and trains and mentors new staff. The RN Clinical Supervisor works collaboratively as an active member of the interprofessional team to provide therapeutic patient- and family-centered care. This position systematically and continuously collects and assesses data related to patient health status to develop, execute, and evaluate the plan of care. The RN Clinical Supervisor utilizes evidence to drive clinical decisions and practice related to individual and population health. The RN Clinical Supervisor establishes goals and strategies for meeting care coordination needs across settings with the patient, family, and/or other care providers. This position considers factors related to safety, effectiveness, and fiscal accountability in planning and delivering care. The RN Clinical Supervisor delegates and supervises care in accordance with BFS policies, protocols, and procedures and within federal and state regulations and requirements. The RN Clinical Supervisor participates in continuous quality improvement initiatives and assumes responsibility for their professional development.
(Minimum qualifications are required unless stated otherwise.)
- Minimum three years of clinical experience in healthcare setting. Physician practice experience preferred.
- One year supervisory experience preferred.
Education and Training:
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing required.
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing or related field required.
License, Certification, & Registration:
- RN License – Currently licensed as an RN in Massachusetts.
- CPR – CPR is required.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills, demonstrates high degree of knowledge and competence in area of practice.
- Demonstrates leadership abilities and is comfortable giving direction, delegating tasks.
- Demonstrates excellent interpersonal skills with staff, patients and families.
- Demonstrates excellent customer service skills and telephone etiquette, as well as written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrates the ability to independently assess the patient and implement appropriate plan of care.
- Evidence of performance as a professional role model and leader.
- Recognized by peers as an experienced and competent clinician in ambulatory or med/surg nursing practice.
- Demonstrates the ability to utilize critical thinking skills.
- Demonstrates leadership ability in high-stress situations.
- Demonstrates a patient-centered approach to care and high level of customer service.
- Demonstrates energy and enthusiasm required to motivate and support others.