Note: Effective Saturday 12/26 and lasting until at least 2/8/21, the following temporary capacity limits will be in force. The Gathering Order is amended: indoor gatherings, both public and residential, are limited to 10 people and outdoor gatherings are limited to 25 people. Additionally, the following sectors are limited to 25% capacity: (* workers/staff excluded from capacity count)
- Close contact personal services*
- Theaters and performance venues (maximum of 50 people)*
- outdoor performance venues (indoor venues remain closed)
- Office spaces
- Places of worship*
- Retail businesses*
- Driving and flight schools
- Golf facilities (applies only to indoor spaces)
- Operators of lodgings (applies only to common areas)
- Arcades and other indoor recreation businesses
- Fitness centers and health clubs
- Museum/cultural & historical facilities/guided tours by vehicles and vessels
- Sectors not otherwise addressed
- Common areas in facilities subject to EEA-issued COVID-19 safety rules (applies only to indoor spaces)
Note: Until 5:00AM on Monday, January 25, the following types of business must close to the public between 9:30pm and 5:00am: Indoor & outdoor events, theaters/movie theaters, youth and adult amateur sports activities, golf facilities, recreational boating and boating businesses, outdoor recreational experiences, casinos and horse track/simulcast facilities, driving and flight schools, zoos, botanical gardens, wildlife reserves, nature centers, close contact personal services (such as hair and nail salons), gyms, fitness centers and health clubs, indoor and outdoor pools, and museums/cultural and historical facilities/guided tours. Additionally, restaurants, liquor stores and retail establishments that sell alcohol must cease alcohol sales at 9:30pm; retailers may continue to sell other products. Adult-use marijuana sales must cease at 9:30pm. Restaurants must cease in-person dining at 9:30pm, but may continue take-out and delivery service. Click here for additional guidance.
Note: Until 5:00AM on Monday, January 25, a Stay At Home Advisory requires Massachusetts residents to be at home between the hours of 10pm and 5am (except for travel to or from work or school, emergency care, visiting the grocery store or pharmacy, picking up take-out food, or receiving deliveries). Read more about this advisory here.
Note: Effective August 1, 2020, all visitors and returning residents entering Massachusetts – who do not meet an exemption – must follow new travel orders including: completing a travel form, producing a negative COVID-19 test result that has been administered up to 72-hours prior to arrival, or quarantining for 14 days. Failure to comply may result in a $500 fine per day. Read about the travel order here.