The Commonwealth entered Phase IV, Step One on Monday, March 22, 2021.
- Event venues and public settings will see gathering limits rise to 100 indoors and 150 outdoors.
- Private settings (such as residences) will remain limited to 10 people indoors and 25 outdoors.
Indoor and Outdoor Stadiums, Arenas, and Ballparks
- Defined as large venues, with a capacity of 5,000 or more.
- May open with a 12% capacity limit.
- Are required to submit a safety plan to the Department of Public Health.
- Venues with capacities under 5,000 are subject to the Indoor and Outdoor Performance Venue guidance.
Exhibition and Convention Halls
- May reopen, subject to gathering limits and event rules.
- May reopen at weddings and events only.
- May open for Summer 2021.
Remaining Phase IV Industries
The following industries will not be able to reopen until a future reopening step.
- Road races, street festivals, parades and fairs.
- Amusement parks, theme parks, and outdoor water parks.
- Indoor water parks and indoor/outdoor ball pits.
- Saunas, hot tubs, steam rooms at fitness centers, health clubs, and other facilities.
- Beer gardens, breweries, wineries, distilleries.
- Bars, dance clubs, and night clubs – venues offering entertainment, beverages, or dancing and not providing seated food.
Travel Order (Effective 3/27/21)
- Will be replaced with a Travel Advisory.
- All persons entering Massachusetts, including returning residents, are urged to quarantine for 10 days upon arrival if they have been out of the state for 24 hours or more. Exceptions include:
- Anyone returning to Massachusetts after an absence of fewer than 24 hours.
- Travelers who have a negative COVID-19 test result administered no more than 72 hours prior to their arrival in Massachusetts.
- Workers entering Massachusetts to perform critical infrastructure functions while they are commuting to or from or while at work.
- Travelers who have been fully vaccinated (those who have received two doses of the Moderna or Pfizer vaccine or one dose of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine, 14 days ago and who do not have symptoms).