Berkshire County Arc is hiring an Adult Family Care Case Manager & Family Advocate.
Location: Pittsfield, MA, 01201 United States
Employee Type: Hourly FT
Required Degree: Four-Year Degree
Supporting people. Enriching lives.
Make a DIFFERENCE for others, yourself, & your career!
Hours: Mon-Fri (40 hours per week; hours vary)
The Adult Family Care Case Manager & Family Advocate will:
- Act on behalf of the individual at ISP meetings, IEP meetings, intake meetings, within the family unit, with schools, community services, courts, or any other area of need.
- Secure generic and specific services in the areas of educational or vocational training, recreation, child care, respite services, legal advice, public benefits, adequate housing, or other unmet service needs.
- Adult Foster Care responsibilities include:
- Conducting initial and ongoing assessments of qualified setting.
- Obtaining social history and conducting psychosocial assessments and evaluations.
- Selecting, training, evaluating and supervising AFC caregivers in conjunction with the RN.
- Participating in development, implementation, and ongoing review of AFC Plan of Care.
- Conducting on-site visits with member at qualified setting bimonthly/monthly.
- Completing care manager progress note on each visit and significant change.
- Periodically reviewing AFC caregiver log.
- Assisting with obtaining information and accessing other services.
- Reviewing and documenting fire and safety procedures for qualified setting.
- Participating in discharge planning.
- Reviewing at least annually the suitability of the qualified setting.
- Bachelor’s degree, a social worker license from Massachusetts Board of Registration in Social Work, and at least 2 years’ recent experience working with elderly or disabled adults; or bachelor’s degree and 2 years’ clinical experience in care of elderly or disabled adults.
- Valid driver’s license & insured vehicle.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.