The nomination process for 1Berkshire’s 7th annual Berkshire Trendsetter Awards is now open. The Berkshire Trendsetter Awards celebrate outstanding organizations and individuals whose achievement, innovation, and/or commitment has strengthened our regional economy and helped the Berkshires grow. Top finalists will be honored and final winners announced at 1Berkshire’s annual event, Celebrate the Berkshires on Thursday, September 14th at newly opened Bloom Meadows in Williamstown.
The categories to be awarded reflect the incredible commitment our community members have put into encouraging innovation, creativity, and entrepreneurship in the region. Categories include Comprehensive Marketing Campaign; Creative Economy Standout; Entrepreneur/Visionary of the Year; Growing/Advancing the Berkshire Economy; Newcomer of the Year; Nonprofit Impact; and Under 40 Change-Maker. Full descriptions for each category are below. Take a moment to view the 2016 winners.
“1Berkshire is excited about awarding the Berkshire Trendsetter Awards for the 7th year in a row. These awards are all about good news in the Berkshires and bring attention to some of the most vibrant things happening here,” stated Jonathan Butler, Chief Executive Officer of 1Berkshire, “we have no shortage of exemplary work being done in this region, and these awards honor those effecting positive change here in the Berkshires and beyond.”
1Berkshire encourages everyone to nominate deserving businesses and individuals for one of these prestigious awards or to self-nominate themselves or their business by completing the online form. Deadline for nominations is Friday, June 30th, 2017. Finalists will be notified in mid-July and asked to provide additional information for the selection process.
Berkshire Trendsetter Award Category Descriptions:
- Comprehensive Marketing Campaign: A multi-faceted campaign utilizing paid, earned, and owned media that demonstrates excellence and effectiveness; that not only shows creativity but also provides measurable results.
- Creative Economy Standout: A creative program, product or entrepreneur demonstrating original and effective methods of production, unique design, or significant impact on the Berkshires’ creative economy.
- Entrepreneur/Visionary of the Year: Recognizing a Berkshire business founder/owner whose company, organization or project has made a significant impact in an industry or community.
- Growing/Advancing the Berkshire Economy: A project that attracts new residents or new jobs or enhances the current workforce attributes for a single employer, targeted employee segment, or the region as a whole.
- Newcomer of the Year: Celebrating a person or company that relocated or opened in the Berkshire since January 1, 2016, and has already made a significant impact on the County.
- Nonprofit Impact: A program or menu of programs that shows excellence in serving the character of the community by providing an educational experience and/or enhancing the quality of life in the community.
- Under 40 Change-Maker: Recognizing a community leader under 40 that has proven leadership, team building, problem-solving skills, and has heightened awareness of key issues affecting Berkshire County.