Bachelor’s degree in Logistics, Management, or Engineering, a related specialized area or field is required (or equivalent experience), plus a minimum of 2 years of relevant experience; or Master’s degree.
Department of Defense Secret security clearance is required within a reasonable period of time. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
Responsibilities For This Position
The responsibility is career-defining. So is the opportunity. At General Dynamics Mission Systems, we invent the technologies, products, and services that help our nation’s heroes keep our nation safe. The work is so advanced, our teams regularly redefine innovation and excellence for the world. If you’re looking for a challenge, you’ve just found it.
We apply advanced technologies such as Artificial Intelligence, Blockchain, AR/VR, Cloud Native, and quantum physics to solve our customers’ missions in cyber, RF, undersea, interstellar and everything in between.
Utilizing your strong knowledge of Integrated Logistics Support (ILS) Elements, you’ll assist in defining, reviewing, and analyzing system requirements for enhancements/modifications for supportability by providing input to project/program plans and deliverables. Additionally, the Senior Integrated Logistics Support (ILS) Specialist will design, develop and manage activities for a group of products from product definition and planning through production, release, and end of life. It’s your chance to put your talent to the ultimate test. Are you ready?
What You’ll Experience
- Technologies that aren’t just top-notch, they’re often top-secret.
- A team of bold thinkers committed to exploring what’s next.
- Opportunities to gain new knowledge – as it’s discovered.
What You Bring To The Table
- A bachelor’s degree in Logistics, Management, or Engineering, a related specialized area or field (or equivalent experience), plus a minimum of 2 years of relevant experience; or Master’s degree.
- Solid knowledge of Acquisition Logistics (a multi-functional technical management discipline associated with influencing design for supportability and planning the support infrastructure for a system by focusing on the integrated logistics support (ILS) elements and working with and across all IPTs).
- In-depth knowledge of Integrated Logistics Support (ILS) elements (supply support; maintenance planning; manpower and personnel; technical manuals; training and training equipment; support equipment; facilities; computer resources support; packaging, handling, storage and transportation (PHS&T); design interface; reliability, maintainability and availability (RM&A), how they interact and how they are applied across a program, their effect on a system, plus how a systems’ design and changes affect the ILS elements).
- Knowledge of military/commercial requirements/specifications.
What Sets You Apart
- Proven conflict management skills.
- Ability to coordinate with other disciplines for program/project resolutions/enhancements.
- Developing professional expertise, applying company policies and procedures to resolve a variety of issues.
- Ex-Navy Training Specialist.
- Missile Technician (MT) or Navigation Electronics Technician (ET).
- Achieved rank of E-5 or higher.
- SSBN or SSN fleet experience.
General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS) engineers a diverse portfolio of high-technology solutions, products, and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of 13,000+ top professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas. Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment, and transparency. We offer highly-competitive benefits and pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose. You will also enjoy a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high-performance team!
General Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/Disability/Veteran