Bachelor’s degree in systems engineering, a related specialized area or field is required (or equivalent experience) plus a minimum of 2 years of relevant experience; or Master’s degree. Agile experience preferred.
Department of Defense Secret security clearance is required within a reasonable period of time. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
Responsibilities For This Position
Developing mission-critical systems that help keep people safe is what we do. At General Dynamics Mission Systems, you’ll be part of the team that helps heroes make a true impact. The work we do is important. The challenges we face are career-defining. The opportunity we can offer is one-of-a-kind.
We apply advanced technologies such as Artificial Intelligence, Blockchain, AR/VR, Cloud Native and Quantum Physics to solve our customers’ missions in cyber, RF, undersea, interstellar space and everything in between.
As a Surface Ship Communications Senior Systems Engineer, you’ll participate in requirements analysis, requirements management, functional analysis, performance analysis, system design, trade studies, systems integration and test (verification) in the development and evaluation of internal and external ships communication systems. It’s your chance to step up in class and prove you’re ready to lead the world.
What You’ll Experience:
- Technologies that aren’t just top-notch, they’re often top-secret.
- A team of bold thinkers committed to exploring what’s next.
- Opportunities to gain new knowledge – as it’s discovered.
What You Bring To The Table:
- A bachelor’s degree in systems engineering, a related specialized area or field and a minimum of 2 years of relevant experience or a master’s degree; Agile experience preferred.
- Solid knowledge of systems engineering concepts, principles, and theories.
- Solid knowledge of requirements management and system modeling tools.
- Familiarity with Agile and Agile methodology.
- Familiarity with technical and ABS standards and guidance.
- Familiarity with Internal Ship Communications design, implementation, documentation, and troubleshooting.
- Knowledge of network architecture, VoIP, and legacy PBX phone systems.
- Familiarity with External Ship Communications design, implementation, documentation, and troubleshooting.
- Knowledge of naval communications systems in variety of frequency ranges to include HF/VHF/UHF BLOS/LOS SATCCOM.
What Sets You Apart:
- Creative thinking with the ability to multi-task.
- Ability to quickly grasp and apply new information.
- Effectively handle complex assignments.
- Ability to clearly recognize and report relevant to sound systems engineering design.
General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS) engineers a diverse portfolio of high-technology solutions, products, and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of 12,000+ top professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas. Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment, and transparency. We offer highly-competitive benefits and pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose. You will also enjoy a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high-performance team!
General Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/Disability/Veteran