Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, a related specialized area or field, or equivalent experience is required.
Department of Defense SECRET clearance is preferred at time of hire. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
Responsibilities for this Position
General Dynamics Mission Systems has an immediate opening for an SQA Test Engineer. This position provides an opportunity to further advance the cutting-edge technology that supports some of our nation’s core defense/intelligence services and systems. General Dynamics Mission Systems employees work closely with esteemed customers to develop solutions that allow them to carry out high-stakes national security missions.
Representative Duties and Tasks
- Developing test cases/procedures based on the scope provided by the SQA project lead(s).
- Working through the Ready For Test Reviews(s) (RTS) and the Result Review(s) (RR).
- Working to the schedule assigned by the SQA Project Lead(s) – and also communicating as early as possible if a schedule will not be met.
- Communicating to each Project Lead regarding workload when working on projects spread across more than one Project Lead.
- Documenting issues found in testing on a Change Request (CR) (Change/CONDOR) (SQA Test Architect (TA)/SQA Project Lead review before submitting).
- Signing up for required lab shifts.
- Entering test efforts on the Test/Witness schedule on the SQA Alliance site.
- Keeping Dynamic Object Oriented Requirement System (DOORS) test plans up to date at the conclusion of a lab shift – SQA Project Leads require this data to be up to date.
- Providing a draft of the Test Completion Memorandum (TCM) at the conclusion of a project and posting it on the SQA Alliance Site.
- Communicating status to the SQA Project Lead (as requested).
- Weekly audits of safe contents with lab custodian (if applicable).
- Other tasks (if applicable – Media Verification, etc).
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Clear understanding of test engineering concepts, principles, and theories.
- Shows initiative on assignments.
- Willingly considers new ideas and perspectives, eager to learn and grow professionally.
- Clear understanding of Microsoft Office applications.
- Clear understanding of object-oriented programming, system processes, and scripting languages.
- Good written and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to think creatively.
- Good at multi-tasking.
- Creative, innovative, and responsible, able to master advanced decision-making skills.
- Good ability to recognize relevant information and communicate issues and alternatives clearly.
- Team player who thrives in collaborative environments and revels in team success, meeting and exceeding personal and team commitments.
General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS) engineers a diverse portfolio of high-technology solutions, products, and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of 13,000+ top professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas. Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment, and transparency. We offer highly-competitive benefits and pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose. You will also enjoy a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high-performance team!
General Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce.