Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or a related specialized area or field is required (or equivalent experience), plus a minimum of 10 years of relevant experience; or Master’s degree, plus a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience.
Department of Defense Secret clearance is preferred at time of hire. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
General Dynamics Mission Systems has an immediate opening for a SQA Test Architect. This position provides an opportunity to further advance the cutting-edge technology that supports some of our nation’s core defense/intelligence services and systems. General Dynamics Mission Systems employees work closely with esteemed customers to develop solutions that allow them to carry out high-stakes national security missions.
Representative Duties and Tasks
- Ensuring test coverage is complete.
- Driving consistency in test approach among all SQA testers.
- Acting as initial technical point of contact for SQA testers.
- Reviewing the LCCB agenda and attending the meeting.
- Acting as SQA Manager for technical/programmatic purposes when requested by SQA Manager.
- Reviewing MTEPPs and Program Plans.
- Reviewing SQA-developed CRs prior to submission to LCCB (as applicable).
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Demonstrated use and understanding of test engineering concepts, principles, and theories.
- Excellent with Microsoft Office applications and DOORS.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with object-oriented programming, system processes, and scripting languages.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to think creatively.
- Excellent in multi-tasking.
- Highly skilled in communicating issues, impacts, and corrective actions.
- Demonstrated awareness of business objectives and Engineering’s role in achieving.
- Recognized internally and/or externally as a subject matter expert (SME) in multiple technical areas.
- Team player who thrives in collaborative environments and revels in team success, meeting and exceeding personal and team commitments.
- Demonstrated understanding and the ability to apply project leadership principles including cost performance, schedule milestones, earned value, cost account management, key performance measures and statistical process controls.
- Demonstrated ability to anticipate and shape major market opportunities.
General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS) engineers a diverse portfolio of high-technology solutions, products, and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of 13,000+ top professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas. Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment, and transparency. We offer highly-competitive benefits and pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose. You will also enjoy a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high-performance team!
General Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/Disability/Veteran.