The Lee Public Schools seeks a Speech and Language Pathologist for the 2020-2021 school year.
General Job Description
Working in cooperation with appropriate district supervisors, teachers, parents, and students, shall be responsible for providing diagnostic and intervention services for students with speech, language, and hearing disorders, helping students to adjust and access the general education curriculum.
Essential Job Functions
- Plans and implements day-to-day speech/language therapy activities for students, sets up equipment for student assignments individually or in small groups, serves an as appropriate speech and language model.
- Screens students for potential communication remediation needs.
- Plans and adapts appropriate materials and intervention activities.
- Evaluates and reports on students’ day-to-day progress; gathers information from students, parents, and staff; maintains continuous communication with speech language pathologist regarding student progress and program effectiveness.
- Participates in parent conferences as required; attends departmental, building, and IEP/504 meetings; creates IEPs/504s, and understands the processes associated.
- Provides speech/language activities for students at single or multiple sites, as assigned; travels between schools for therapy sessions; plans travel times; informs building staff of therapy schedule.
- Prepares and maintains speech/language therapy files; completes and files required forms.
Compensation: Per agreement with Lee Education Association.
The Lee Public Schools comply with all federal and state laws prohibiting discrimination in hiring or employment practices. The Lee Public Schools does not discriminate based upon race, color, national origin, sex, handicap, gender identity, religion and/or sexual orientation.