Bachelor’s degree in systems engineering, a related specialized area or field is required (or equivalent experience) plus a minimum of 2 years of relevant experience; or master’s degree. Agile experience preferred.
Department of Defense Secret security clearance required within a reasonable amount of time after hire. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
Responsibilities For This Position
Developing mission-critical systems that help keep people safe is what we do. At General Dynamics Mission Systems, you’ll be part of the team that helps heroes make a true impact. The work we do is important. The challenges we face are career-defining. The opportunity we can offer is one-of-a-kind.
We apply advanced technologies such as Artificial Intelligence, Blockchain, AR/VR, Cloud Native and Quantum Physics to solve our customers’ missions in cyber, RF, undersea, interstellar space, and everything in between.
As a Senior Systems Design Engineer, you’ll participate in requirements analysis, requirements management, functional analysis, performance analysis, system design, trade studies, systems integration and test (verification) in the development and evaluation of networks and information systems. It’s your chance to step up in class and prove you’re ready to lead the world.
What You’ll Experience:
- Technologies that aren’t just top-notch, they’re often top-secret.
- A team of bold thinkers committed to exploring what’s next.
- Opportunities to gain new knowledge – as it’s discovered.
What You Bring To The Table:
- A bachelor’s degree in systems engineering, a related specialized area or field, and a minimum of 2 years of relevant experience or master’s degree; Agile experience preferred.
- Solid knowledge of systems engineering concepts, principles, and theories.
- Solid knowledge of requirements management and system modeling tools.
- Familiarity with technical standards.
- Candidates with a degree in security, networking, IT, or related are preferred.
- Candidates should preferentially have knowledge with the following IT Skillsets:
- Windows administration, including scripting, automation, and server configuration.
- Network engineering.
- Other technical skills that will be considered are as follows (note: candidates do not have to have all of these, but should have at least some):
- Linux administration.
- Video management & distribution.
- Cyber security and related tools, such as intrusion detection and prevention.
- Voice communication.
- Application management.
- Storage and backup.
- Database administration.
Certifications are preferred, and could include RHCSA, Network+, Security+, MCSE, MCSA, VCA, VCP, CCENT, CCNA, CCNP, CEH, CISSP, etc.
What Sets You Apart:
- Creative thinking with the ability to multi-task.
- Ability to quickly grasp and apply new information.
- Effective handling of complex assignments.
- Ability to clearly recognize and report relevant to sound systems engineering design.
General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS) engineers a diverse portfolio of high-technology solutions, products, and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of 12,000+ top professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas. Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment, and transparency. We offer highly-competitive benefits and pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose. You will also enjoy a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high-performance team!
General Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/Disability/Veteran