Berkshire Community College seeks a Senior Special Programs Coordinator: Enrollment Services Coordinator.
About Berkshire Community College
Berkshire Community College (BCC) has the distinction of being the first community college established in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. Nestled in the scenic Berkshire Hills, our nearly 2,000 students have access to a wide range of career and transfer programs on our newly renovated campus. Occupying a scenic 180-acre property, just minutes from downtown Pittsfield, Massachusetts, BCC provides students from a broad range of cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds with an intimate learning environment, small class sizes, and much opportunity for interaction with faculty. Berkshire County was home to many forward-thinking historic figures, including W.E.B. DuBois, Susan B. Anthony, and Elizabeth (Mumbet) Freeman, all of whom were pioneers of social justice. The Berkshires contain both rural and urban elements, combining a beautiful natural environment with world class museums and other cultural opportunities. Pittsfield and Berkshire County continue to evolve, with immigrants from over 70 countries now calling the Berkshires their home. BCC seeks to recruit diverse employees who embrace, as well as demonstrate, a commitment to diversity and inclusion and whose experiences and perspectives model the opportunities and success derived from a college education.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists with the daily operations of the Enrollment Services/Registrar’s Office.
- Coordinates departmental projects, events, and initiatives.
- Provides routine office services; entering registrations, processing transcripts, schedules and degree audits, responding to informational requests from faculty, staff, and students.
- Reviews and revises academic publications to ensure accurate information is reflected on college programs, policies, courses, and course schedules.
- Works closely with the Office of Institutional Effectiveness and other offices in data collection and assessment. Prepares student enrollment reports for Division and College review and analysis.
- Responsible for managing student files, documents, and imaging.
- Collaborate with Student Affairs and Enrollment Management leadership team to coordinate and align student communication for the One-stop. This is particularly true for communications focused on: registration, enrollment, graduation, and other academic policies and procedures.
- Coordinates Enrollment Appeals.
- Coordinates and provides services related to education benefits for veterans and their dependents, members of the National Guard and Reserves, and active duty military personnel. Assists students with completion of required program paperwork and advises students on program compliance issues.
- Assists with the certification of student enrollment using the VA online system. Maintains compliance with both state and federal regulations regarding veteran education benefits.
- Participates in meetings/events and serves on various college committees.
Master’s degree in Education, Counseling, Psychology, Business Administration, Marketing, Education Administration, or other field related to area of assignment; with three (3) years experience and/or training involving area of assignment, which may include business management, program/project management, grant administration, budget development, community relations, curriculum development, education, counseling, substance abuse, non-traditional student services, or public assistance programs; or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
Source of Funding: State Funded
Area of Assignment: Enrollment Services
Salary: $58,320 – $62,548; Grade 5 Full-time; Benefited
Pursuant to the Clery Act of 1990 a copy of Berkshire Community College’s security report is available on the BCC Website.
BCC is committed to providing an inclusive learning and working environment that values the diverse backgrounds of all people and encourages applications from individuals whose experiences and perspectives model the opportunities and success derived from a college education.
Berkshire Community College is an affirmative action/equal opportunity institution and does not discriminate on basis of race, creed, religion, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information, maternity leave, military service, and national origin in its education programs or employment.
Application Procedures: To apply, please submit cover letter and resume by visiting the employment section of our website.
Application closing date: September 27, 2021.