Want to be involved in every aspect of visitor and corporate marketing? Do you get excited about the visitor economy in the Berkshires? Looking to be part of a dynamic and thoughtful team? Have marketing prowess and want to learn even more? Got energy and enthusiasm in spades? Love fast-paced, upbeat work environments? Then this job is for you!
This position reports to the Vice President of Tourism & Marketing and serves to assist them in marketing the Berkshires as a premier, year-round destination to live, work, and visit to increase awareness of the Berkshire brand and market the 1Berkshire organization to make our member businesses more profitable, increase revenue for the state and local communities, and secure jobs for our residents. You will assist in new project ideation as well as project management, along with working on marketing budgets, marketing campaigns, and interfacing with independent contractors as well as working directly with the 1Berkshire Member Services, Economic Development, and Finance teams.
- Assists in the implementation of a comprehensive marketing, communications, branding, and public relations program that enhances the image of the Berkshires in specific targeted markets and measures success.
- Coordinates destination and corporate marketing activities, including co-op and branded advertising and online communications.
- Works with the sales representative(s), publication contracts, graphic designer(s), photographer(s), writer(s), and media buyers to maintain annual media schedule.
- Assists in maintenance of websites and social media strategies; obtains, edits, and updates content. Serves as a key content creator for social media platforms.
- Assists in a proactive public relations program, working directly with journalists and 1Berkshire members’ PR practitioners to create editorial coverage in response to journalists’ requests; manages the PR specialist independent contractor.
- Works with 1Berkshire’s Digital Design Specialist to create effective marketing results reports, online dashboards, and web metrics.
- Recommends short- and long-term marketing goals and objectives to the Vice President.
- Assists with the development of annual budget.
- Manages marketing projects as needed, creates requests for proposals (RFPs), identifies companies to send RFPs to, helps in selection of firms, and acts as key liaison with firms to drive projects forward.
- Collaborates with Vice President on editorial calendars; helps manage bloggers.
- Supports Vice President in regional collaborations and site visits, trade shows, and events.
- Knowledge/experience in implementing marketing campaigns (print, digital, video), digital communications (MailChimp), web development (WordPress), public relations, and social media.
- Ability to complete complex technical, challenging projects, and manage competing deadlines.
- Project management, organizational, and administrative skills.
- Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading abilities.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, with ability to think creatively and strategically.
- Must have a bachelor’s degree in a related field, or 3+ years of digital marketing experience.
- Knowledge of the Berkshire region, membership organizations, and economic development is a plus.
About Working at 1Berkshire
Our staff is our most valuable asset, so we treat them well. We started a dialogue about workplace culture that has brought our company into the new millennium. At 1Berkshire we have embraced new trends in the workplace and are always looking for ways to continue improving. We enjoy working here, and we think you would too.
1Berkshire is the county-wide nonprofit organization focused on economic development and promoting the region as a preferred place to visit, to live, and to grow a business. We provide programs and systems that connect businesses with each other and with customers, as well as work to develop future leaders and support entrepreneurs.
Interested and qualified candidates should send an application packet to email@example.com. Packets should include:
- Cover letter indicating why you are the right candidate for this position and how you will be an asset to the 1Berkshire team.
- Updated resume.
- Salary requirements.
- Contact information for three professional references.