We are seeking an experienced individual to oversee the Accounting Department. The Senior Accountant’s primary responsibility will include providing timely and accurate financial information to support the reporting and close process. This position will also oversee staff who work on the Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Job Costing, and in-house Payroll systems and will be able to assist in all activities as needed to maintain these systems.
- Support the monthly/quarterly and year-end close processes.
- Prepare, process, and review monthly and quarterly accounting journal entries for all General Ledger activities.
- Prepare account reconciliations and perform follow-up activities for pending items.
- Preparation and distribution of financial reports.
- Assist in year-end audits and supporting tax filings as needed.
Experience, Skills, and Knowledge
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Good organizational skills.
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close process.
- Able to work independently.
- Ability to function well in a team-oriented environment.
- Able to adapt to a flexible work environment.
- Public and Cost Accounting background a plus.
Salary will be commensurate with work experience and include 100% employer-paid health insurance, profit-sharing plan, short- & long-term disability insurance, and other benefits.
Please mail a physical copy of your resume to:
Attn: Human Resources
Adams Plumbing & Heating, Inc.
PO Box 126
Adams, MA 01220