Canyon Ranch® has been a trailblazer and an industry-leading proponent of the wellness lifestyle since its founding in 1979, operating the world’s most celebrated collection of life-enhancement properties, holistic living developments, and complementary brand extensions. Ushering in its 40th Anniversary this year, Canyon Ranch has imparted integrative expertise to millions of guests on land, at sea, and in the air. With established wellness destination resorts in Tucson, Arizona and Lenox, Massachusetts, the brand’s first foray into California introduces Canyon Ranch Wellness Retreat – Woodside.
Slated to open in summer 2019, the company’s first retreat model will offer guests highly-sensory, personalized wellness sojourns and thoughtfully-curated programs embracing multiple themes. In addition, Canyon Ranch operates the world’s largest day spa at The Venetian® hotel in Las Vegas, Nevada and 22 Canyon Ranch at Sea® wellness facilities onboard luxury cruise ships: Cunard Cruise Line, Oceania® Cruises, Regent Seven Seas Cruises®, and on Celebrity Cruises®. Canyon Ranch is a 13-time winner of Travel + Leisure’s Best Spa Award, an 11-time recipient of the Condé Nast Traveler Best Destination Spa Award, and both wellness resorts were named in the 2019 U.S. News & World Report Best Hotels rankings.
Our Registered Nurses are responsible for providing quality health services to Canyon Ranch guests. This is accomplished by providing guidance for guests’ health needs through the identification of real and potential health problems; assessing the health education needs of guests and developing and initiating a plan for teaching and counseling; and collaborating with physicians and other health and healing practitioners to implement the prescribed treatment plan for the guest. Implementation of plans may also require you, the Registered Nurse, to conduct medical tests, labs, and other procedures, as well as appropriately document or communicate results on charts, in designated databases, or other appropriate and designated communication methods.
Depending upon the area assigned during the shift, you may be responsible for evaluation of medical health questionnaires, identifying risks, counseling or providing health-related education for guests, and referring & scheduling services:
- When serving in the Health Program, you will review, assess, and categorize health and lifestyle questionnaires according to Standard Operating Procedures, guests categorized as “Nurse priority”, and those with intentions for health and lifestyle changes contacted prior to arrival.
- You will schedule and conduct pre-arrival phone consults to determine the appropriateness for stay, identifying actual & potential health risks, determining educational needs, and initiating plans for teaching, counseling, and referrals for appropriate services. You will conduct wrap-up sessions with health package guests prior to their departure to review goals and provide reinforcement for healthy lifestyle goals.
- When serving in Medical, you will provide guests with health education as deemed necessary following the nursing scope of practice and Canyon Ranch policy. Specific health topics include but are not limited to: hypertension, wound care, sprain/strain, medication administration, diabetes, female incontinence, breast wellness, testicular self exam, viral vs. bacterial infections, prevention/comfort measures, and prevention health guidelines.
You will maintain required levels of proficiency in administering medical services:
- You will collaborate with physicians and health and healing practitioners to implement the prescribed treatment plan for guests in-house and at home.
- You will be proficient within the first three months in medical procedures including, but not limited to: administering and supporting MD physicals, Dexa bone density, Dexa body composition, cardiac stress test, cardiometabolic stress test, heart rate variability, CV profiler, electrocardiogram, audiometry, spirometry, sleep screenings, vision testing, venipuncture and lab processing.
- You will order, administer, and document medication as prescribed by the physician.
- You will follow standard operating procedures for all emergent and non-emergent situations.
- You will maintain and perform daily checks on emergency equipment on a daily basis.
You will perform administrative duties in coordinating, planning, evaluating, and implementing recommended services, health programs, and/or treatment plans:
- You will provide prompt follow-up and perform administrative duties relating to guest questions & physician orders for guests who are off site.
- You will collate laboratory results, collaborate with physicians when necessary, and maintain records of results in medical records.
- You will maintain laboratory databases and charge guests for tests in the POS system when indicated.
- You will ensure continuity of care for all ill and injured guests seen in the medical department and make follow-up phone calls to guests to assess physical and emotional health and arrange any additional follow-up care as needed.
- You will document the guest’s interactions in GEP, the medical record, complete the Spa alert and personal dietary forms, and assist with coordinating any special assistance for the guest. You will document in OPERA and communicate with hotel staff as needed.
- You will need a bachelor of science in nursing (BSN) degree from an accredited School of Nursing.
- You will need to have a current state Nursing License.
- You will also need current CPR for healthcare provider certification.
- You will need to have a minimum of 3-5 years of clinical nursing experience in a hospital or medical office setting.
- To be successful, you will be very comfortable with phlebotomy.
- You will need to be proficient with Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- You will also need demonstrated experience in providing exemplary guest service, and have an enthusiastic, pleasant, outgoing demeanor.
- You need to have demonstrated ability to work well in a team environment, and the ability to multi-task and make decisions independently when necessary.
- You will need to be flexible, and easily adaptable to change.
$500 sign-on bonus, details upon interview! Great benefits program and full use of the facilities!