The Office of College Relations is pleased to announce that they are accepting applications for the Prospect Management & Research Analyst in Advancement Operations. Under the supervision of the Director of Prospect Management & Research, the Prospect Management & Research Analyst provides a wide range of professional services for Advancement Operations and the Office of College Relations in general. The Analyst supports the College’s fund-raising program by identifying and providing research about potential donors who can provide major-gift-level support ($250K+) to Williams. In addition, the Analyst also assists Senior Development Officers in managing individual prospect portfolios.
The Office of College Relations works to create lifelong, mutually supportive relationships that enrich the College. The work of this group includes the areas of development, alumni relations, donor relations, and career services. Advancement Operations provides and manages information technology, strategic direction, and computer support services for the Office of College Relations in support of this mission.
Williams is committed to enriching its educational experience and its culture through the diversity of its faculty and staff. Our expectation is that the successful candidate will excel at working in a community that is broadly diverse with regard to race, ethnicity, socioeconomic status, gender, nationality, sexual orientation, and religion. Applicants should highlight relevant experience with building, working with, and supporting a broadly-diverse employee community.
- Conduct research and analysis of in-house records and use various online databases to obtain and analyze biographical, career, and financial data in order to set gift capacity ratings.
- Organize/conduct regular strategy review meetings with Senior Development Officers (SDO).
- Advise SDOs on management strategies; monitor cultivation plans for SDOs; oversee pipeline reports/proposals; and prepare for and participate in monthly strategy review meetings.
- Create and monitor alerts on rated prospects using news resources for career/capacity updates.
- Perform due diligence checks and biographies for alums as needed.
- Enter/correct/audit information in Ellucian Advance database; monitor proposals; track assignments; maintain data integrity; and perform general office tasks as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 2 years of experience in prospect management, or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- An understanding of the mission of a liberal arts college committed to diversity.
- Excellent research skills, including an ability to work methodically and in an organized manner.
- Analytical aptitude and an ability to digest and synthesize raw data.
- Excellent ability to write with clarity and precision.
- An ability to organize tasks, handle multiple tasks simultaneously, and to work under deadlines.
- Ability to interact as a member of a team.
- Ability to maintain a high level of discretion for work with sensitive materials.
- Understanding how to use data visualization tools to disseminate information.
- Familiarity with key electronic databases essential to the work, including LexisNexis® for Development Professionals, iWave PRO, DonorSearch, and Ellucian Advance or similar applications.
Review of applications will begin December 1, 2019, and continue until the position is filled.
Conditions of Employment
Employment at Williams is contingent on the verification of background information submitted by the applicant, including the completion of a criminal record check, and education when applicable.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Beyond meeting fully its legal obligations for non-discrimination, Williams College is committed to building a diverse and inclusive community where members from all backgrounds can live, learn, and thrive.