The Property Director implements and supervises all programs, budgets, contracts, and contracted services and staff related to property management and maintenance operations. In collaborating with Senior Staff, they oversee the day-to-day maintenance and improvement of facilities, grounds, and vehicle operations. Becket-Chimney Corners YMCA (BCCYMCA) owns 1,400 acres with over 140 buildings, including a wastewater treatment facility and two dining halls serving 500 guests each. The Property Director is an accomplished manager with a proven track record of leading teams, is driven by organizational goals, and embraces the importance of quality property, grounds, and guest experience. The Property Director assures that the property management team adheres to all regulatory standards, applicable laws, and company policies. The incumbent understands this role is guided by the program needs and values of Becket-Chimney Corners YMCA .
Qualifications & Experience
- A high school diploma or GED is required. Two- or four-year degree preferred.
- Professional experience in the YMCA, educational, medical, or other campus-like facility, including: staff leadership, budget responsibility, project management, and experience successfully leading maintenance operations.
- Proven management competencies – including communication skills, management skills, customer service skills, and problem-solving abilities.
- Strong working knowledge of site work, public water supplies, and wastewater treatment facilities.
- Strong computer skills—including project-management and inventory-management software.
- Valid Massachusetts driver’s license with acceptable driver history.
- Wastewater Treatment Operator licenses a plus.
- Recruit, hire, train, develop, and direct maintenance and housekeeping staff and volunteers. Review and evaluate performance. Develop strategies to motivate staff and achieve goals. Model relationship-building skills in all interactions.
- Manage and maintain a multi-year property-management plan, including deferred maintenance plan and annual capital projects plan, consistent with BCCYMCA’s Master Site Plan and strategic goals.
- Develop budgets that support preventative and deferred maintenance plans; monitor expenditures against budget.
- Ensure that assigned vehicles and other equipment are maintained and operated in accordance with the policies and procedures.
- Assist with the management of the internal timber harvests and the removal of hazardous trees on property.
- Recognize, prevent, and correct all safety hazards, following all safety regulations in accordance with OSHA and all other industry guidelines and procedures.
- Ensure proper maintenance of service logs and collection of data on equipment repairs.
- Manage all work orders with priority given to safety and customer service-related requests. Complete repairs in a timely manner.
- Oversee all contractors that work in the facility and grounds. May request and review bids, and recommend selection of contractors.
- Ensure the proper upkeep and cleanliness of the facility and grounds, including but not limited to: lawn care, snow removal, and ice control.
- Work with outside agencies such as fire, health, building departments, etc. to ensure compliance with all local, state, and federal regulations related to facilities and grounds. Acquire building permits from the Town of Becket as needed for all projects.
- Available outside of normal business hours for property and or weather-related emergencies.