The Office of Planning, Design and Construction is now accepting applications for a Project Management Information Systems (PMIS) Specialist. Reporting to the Executive Director of Planning, Design and Construction, the PMIS will focus on the development, creation, and delivery of internal and external project communications along with the implementation, support, and advancement of the Project Management team’s PMIS system, eBuilder (soon switching to Procore). The PMIS Specialist will be responsible for aggregating data at specific points in the project life cycle to update project documents, internal databases, and develop communications from; to disseminate to the project team, stakeholders, and the community. Additionally, the PMIS Specialist will be the primary contact between the College and the PMIS vendor and the internal system expert for system configuration, implementation, integration, rollout, training, maintenance, and troubleshooting.
The PMIS Specialist will actively provide information technology support for ongoing design and construction projects to ensure the success and adoption of all aspects of the college’s eBuilder/Procore platform: capital planning, funding, cost management, and controls, process automation, reports and dashboards, scheduling, document management, and bid management. The College’s PMIS systems may be used to manage facilities projects of all types, including planning/study projects, renewal projects, and capital projects on campus, including new construction, facility renovations, and infrastructure upgrades. Both internal College staff, as well as external consultants and contractors will use the system. The position will be responsible for integrating the PMIS with key Facilities’ systems, including GIS, CAD, document management (Docfinity), and the College’s financial software (currently PeopleSoft but this will change), to support the Project Management Office, as a whole.
Williams welcomes applications from candidates committed to supporting an increasingly-diverse staff. Applicants should highlight relevant experience with building, working with, and supporting a broadly-diverse staff.
- Maintain the complete interactive electronic PMIS system for contract documents, record keeping, and facilitating communication between all members of the project team (A/E, CM/GC, OPM, owner’s consultants, at a minimum).
- Assist in the development of cash flow projections and estimate at completion (EAC) projections that may be computerized and integrated with the project schedule and PMIS system for enterprise reporting.
- Assist Project Managers in reviewing, filing, and linking all RFI’s, submittals, shop drawings, reports, schedules, change orders, contract modifications, etc.
- Set up all new projects, assigning project numbers in PMIS.
- Interface with PMIS software provider and end users to provide day-to-day software operation support.
- Data extraction and data analysis, as demanded, for program and project management usage.
- Prepare and deliver training programs to all internal and external teams.
- Maintain Lessons Learned Database for past project-performance information sharing.
- Coordinate with the Office of Administration and Finance, Provost, and Controllers in relation to construction project budgets and spending.
- Act in capacity of primary Administrator role for PMIS and department communications.
- Develop and maintain a lessons-learned database of project information across campus.
- Assist Project Managers with coordination approval of requisitions and payments applicable to the design and construction program.
- Perform related duties and projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Information Technology, Informatics, Design, Architecture, Construction Management, or other relevant discipline, from an accredited institution, and a minimum of three (3) years of responsible and practical experience in the administration of enterprise architecture, engineering, and/or construction project management software systems – or any relevant Associate’s degree or technical certification and 5 years of experience – or any other equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Experience providing PMIS services on a project of at least $100M in construction value is preferred.
- Experience with eBuilder and Procore project management or comparable enterprise information system.
- Demonstrated customer service and technical support experience serving a diverse base of users with varying levels of technical expertise.
- Knowledge of project budget development, scheduling, tracking, and controls.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to work within deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated excellence in oral, written, and graphic communication.
- Strong understanding of computer applications as well as knowledge of architecture, engineering, and construction processes.
- Demonstrated ability to both maximize the utility of computer systems and assist, explain, and coach others in such systems.
- Experience implementing new enterprise information systems.
- Knowledge of design and construction practices.
- Direct experience with budgeting, planning, design, and construction of buildings and/or facilities, especially in a medium-to-large institutional setting.
- Ability to read and interpret construction drawings and specifications.
- Knowledge of GIS, CAD, and BIM software.
- Construction industry, project management, and or Information Technology-related certifications or registrations.
- A bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Construction Management, or Business from an accredited institution.
- Three (3) years of experience in Project Controls, (cost control, estimating, and schedule development and management).
- Effective organizational, analytical, quantitative, accounting, multi-tasking, and interpersonal skills.
- Expert-level proficiency with Primavera, Microsoft Project, Word, Excel, applications.
- Excellent customer-service skills.
- The ability to work with a diverse workforce.
- A master’s degree in Engineering, Business Administration, or Construction/Project Management from an accredited institution.
- Experience using e-Builder software.
- AACE International accreditation.
- PMI accreditation.
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Engineering or Construction Management.
- A minimum of 1 year of experience in the AEC Industry.
- Basic knowledge of project management and construction management workflows.
- Professional written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Experience in client-facing roles.
- Technology-driven thinking and detail oriented.
- 1+ years of e-Builder ™, Procore, or other PMIS software experience is a plus.
- Experience in data analytics is a plus.
- Good communication skills and ability to work as a team.
- Good organizational and time-management skills.
- Able to complete tasks with respect to deadlines.
- Enjoys performing technical types of tasks.
- Passion for innovation and utilizing new technology for construction.
- Exercises independent judgment and evaluation.
- Work independently or in a team to perform daily work assigned by Senior Manager.
- Maintain positive working relationships with management, project team, and customers.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, Adobe, eBuilder, Procore, at a minimum.
This is a full-time, year-round, regular appointment.
Review of applications will begin December 26, 2019, and continue until the position is filled.
Conditions of Employment
Employment at Williams is contingent on the verification of background information submitted by the applicant, including the completion of a criminal record check, and education when applicable.
A satisfactory work record for the two (2) years immediately prior to the closing date of this posting, including overall employment, job performance, discipline and safety records (infractions and/or offenses occurring after the closing of the posting and before the filling of a vacancy may preclude a candidate from consideration for selection).
Equal Employment Opportunity
Beyond meeting fully its legal obligations for non-discrimination, Williams College is committed to building a diverse and inclusive community where members from all backgrounds can live, learn and thrive.