Bachelor’s degree in a related specialized area or the equivalent experience is required, plus a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience; or Master’s degree plus a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience to meet managerial expectations.
Department of Defense Secret security clearance is preferred at time of hire. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
Responsibilities for this Position
General Dynamics Mission Systems has an immediate opening for a Production Supervisor. The position provides an opportunity to enhance the performance and profitability of an organization that supports some of our nation’s fundamental defense services. General Dynamics Mission Systems employees work closely with esteemed customers to develop solutions that allow them to carry out high-stakes national security missions.
The production supervisor position is responsible for supervising shop employees in a manufacturing and assembly environment. This position plans and assigns work, implements policies and procedures, and recommends improvements in production methods, equipment, operating procedures, and working conditions.
- Responsible for quality, productivity, cost, safety, and morale to achieve positive results in all areas.
- Manage departmental performance measures, including visual controls and provide regular progress reports to management.
- Ensure that all Health and Safety rules and regulations are adhered to. Perform accident investigations.
- Maintain housekeeping standards to ensure a clean and safe workplace.
- Create, monitor, and update employee training plans to ensure that all employees’ skills reach and remain at an acceptable level.
- Develop clear lines of communication (verbal, written, and visual) to ensure that all direct reports meet performance expectations.
- Participate in Customer/Quality audits and respond to all findings in a timely fashion.
- Manage departmental priorities.
- Track absenteeism and timekeeping.
- Provide employee coaching, development, and discipline.
- Work with HR and management team on employment decisions.
- Continuous process improvement mindset.
- Ability to effectively communicate at all levels.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, with strong emphasis on Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
- Work with cross-functional teams.
- Good written and verbal communications skills.
- Strong time management and organization skills.
- Strong team player and contributor.
- Work independently with little supervision.
- Strong skills in multitasking, problem-solving, and ethical decision-making.
- Previous experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
- Performance management.
- Problem solving/analysis.
- Communication proficiency.
- Time management.
- Technical capacity.
- Learning orientation.
- Supervisory responsibility.
- Working knowledge of MRP systems.
- Previous experience working with a union workforce is desirable.
General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS) engineers a diverse portfolio of high-technology solutions, products, and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of 13,000+ top professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas. Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment, and transparency. We offer highly-competitive benefits and pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose. You will also enjoy a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high-performance team!
General Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce.