The Lee Public Schools seeks an Accounting/Payroll Specialist to join the district’s Business Office. This role will work under the guidance of an assigned Business Administrator and the Superintendent of Schools, in administering payroll functions. This position will work cooperatively with the Superintendent’s Office, Maintenance and Facilities Department, Food Services, Special Education, School Principals, and a variety of external stakeholders.
The Accounting/Payroll Specialist responsibilities include:
- Process and close payroll (bi-weekly), including direct deposit payments, retirement, deductions, longevity, and stipends.
- Collect and summarize timekeeping information.
- Obtain supervisory approval of time card discrepancies.
- Process employment verifications.
- Issue annual W-2 forms to employees.
- Support for warrant development.
- Track employee leave, including FMLA.
- Maintain confidentiality and availability in service to Lee Schools’ employees.
- Work with external stakeholders including the Town of Lee and state and local retirement systems.
- Assist auditors.
- Support for local, state, and federal reporting.
- Additional tasks as assigned by the Superintendent of Schools.
- Degree or equivalent in related finance and/or accounting field.
- Recommended four years’ experience in finance and/or accounting.
- Knowledge of accounting software systems.
- Ability to problem solve and learn/apply new skills and information.
- Ability to work effectively with a range of school and community stakeholders.
- Exceptional organizational skills with a strong ability to multitask and prioritize.
- Ability to work independently on a variety of tasks simultaneously.
- Strong communication skills including speaking and writing.
- Attention to detail.
Please send letter of interest and resume to:
Lee Public Schools Superintendent Office
Attn: B. Bianco
300 Greylock Street, Lee, MA 01238
The application can be downloaded here.
The Lee Public Schools comply with all federal and state laws prohibiting discrimination in hiring or employment practices. The Lee Public Schools does not discriminate based upon race, color, national origin, sex, handicap, gender identity, religion and/or sexual orientation.