Jacob’s Pillow seeks a Patron Services Manager to manage all aspects of customer service and patron experiences in this year-round position. The Patron Services Manager is responsible for all aspects of the Box Office, including performance and event ticketing and a large volunteer program. They work closely with all departments to ensure smooth, safe, and fulfilling experiences for patrons visiting the Pillow at both on- and off-site events.
Box Office Management
- In centralized ticketing/donor database, build the houses for all performances (120+), inputting held seats, pricing and promotions, building print-at-home tickets, and all promotional web sales content
- Serve as a call center representative during the member presale (Feb-Mar), providing superior customer service on phone, in person, and via online sales, assisting customers in making educated Pillow performance choices
- Communicate regularly with departments to assess hold needs for performances including production holds, high-level donor seating, The School faculty and student needs, Community Engagement program needs, and others
- Assist Director of Operations and Systems with creation of database user guides and policies. Evaluate, test, and implement any ticketing-related database changes
- Manage patron databases, correcting duplicate accounts, updating information, and working closely with the Development department to manage patron and donor information
- Work with the Director of Marketing & Communications and Marketing department to:
- Establish pricing and ticketing procedures and policies, contributing ideas for improvements
- Maximize tickets sales and revenue by providing valuable feedback regarding marketing and promotional campaigns, sales-related issues, ordering and ticketing processes, and frontline communication with patrons
- Work with Director of Finance to reconcile all departmental and ticket sales revenue. Implement and maintain accounting procedures, including accurate and timely:
- Daily audit and performance reporting
- Security of tickets, credit card information, cash, and receipts
- Reconciliation reports
- Ticket sales reports and analyses
- End-of-season closeout
- Resolve and track patron ticketing-related complaints
- Develop manuals and training materials for presale and festival season needs
- Work with Digital Content & Marketing Manager to manage all festival marketing email and trade lists
- With Box Office Manager, manage special ticketing needs including artist, press, member, VIP, and promotional comps, working closely with all departments
- Work with Office Manager and other staff to oversee Ticket Donation program including communication with requesting organizations and tracking voucher redemption
- Manage and monitor email@example.com inbox
Theater Operations & Volunteer Program
- Facilitate prompt curtain times by expediting show-time sales, will call pick-up, and standby list sales; assist Theatre Manager, Patron Services, and House Management Interns in resolving seating issues
- Ensure box office policies are compliant with ADA regulations
- Manage a safe and efficient transport service during the Festival season, between venues and parking lots.
- Prior to arrival of Theatre Manager in February:
- Begin preparations for Festival volunteer schedule, updating and disseminating the volunteer sign-up form and handbook, and setting up a system for the Theatre Manager to continue
- Schedule volunteers for year-round and off-site events
- Communicate regularly with other departments to assess volunteer needs for ad hoc projects, ongoing needs, and special events
- Participate in managing the firstname.lastname@example.org inbox
- Upon Theatre Manager arrival in February, be prepared to transition all volunteer program responsibilities, including training in Patron Manager and the scheduling system as needed
- During fall, winter, and spring months, house manage for any special on- or off-site events, working with the Company Management, Marketing, and Production teams to build houses and ticketing, and determine and staff any usher or volunteer needs
- At least 3 years professional ticket services and customer service experience.
- Deep knowledge of ADA compliance.
- Experience managing staff and volunteers.
- Highly detail-oriented and organized.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, demanding environment.
- Experience with PatronManager and/or Tessitura ticketing software, strongly preferred.
- Experience with facilities management, a plus.
To Apply: Please email cover letter, resume, and references to email@example.com, with “Patron Services Manager” in the subject line.
All inquiries and materials will be confidential. Please do not mail hard copies.