MountainOne is a mutual holding company headquartered in North Adams, Massachusetts. Banking, Insurance, and Investment products are offered at full-service offices in the Berkshires (Pittsfield, North Adams, Williamstown) and on Boston’s South Shore (Quincy, Rockland, Scituate). MountainOne is dedicated to the local communities we serve, with a mission of delivering solutions of real value that help individuals, businesses, and community institutions manage their financial lives with clarity and confidence.
- MountainOne Bank, founded in 1848, provides a complete array of personal and business banking and electronic services.
- MountainOne Insurance provides personal and business insurance, bonding services and group benefits solutions.
- MountainOne Investments provides individual investment services and group financial benefit plans (financial professionals offering securities and advisory services through Commonwealth Financial Network®, Member FINRA/SIPC, a Registered Investment Advisor)
MountainOne is currently looking for Mortgage Originators to join our Mortgage Banking team in all of the areas in which we do business. This is an exciting opportunity to bring your knowledge and expertise to a community bank that has a substantial product list including portfolio products, experienced support staff and is both established and financially sound.
In this role, the successful candidate will be able to originate fixed and adjustable rate mortgages for portfolio and secondary markets and establish a consistent pipeline of loans in accordance with all of MountainOne’s consumer lending guidelines and processes. Works collaboratively with other business lines and leverages opportunities to cross sell MountainOne products and services that are beneficial to individual consumers. The Mortgage Originator should demonstrate extensive knowledge of the loan application process and the ability to navigate complex financial documents and requirements. Candidate must have an active NMLS Mortgage Originator License.
- Originates all types of residential mortgages and consumer loans.
- Maintains current and in-depth knowledge of Consumer and mortgage lending products.
- Develops relationships with Realtors, Financial Planners, CPAs and Attorneys as referral sources for mortgage loans.
- Works with area CDCs to educate home buyers on availability of mortgage programs.
- Responsible for timely and accurate input of all applications and with customer interface during loan origination process.
- Responsible for gathering all necessary financial information from borrower (s) to begin application process.
- Responsible for adherence to all applicable laws, regulations, and bank policies, including but not limited to: Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act (RESPA), Homeowner’s Protection Act (HPA), Truth In Lending (TIL), Privacy Laws, Fair Lending Laws, and loan processing and underwriting.
- Works in conjunction with business partners from Community Development, Commercial Lending, Insurance, and Investments along with CRA Officer to support their efforts.
- Ensures quality customer service in all contact with internal and external customers.
- Represent the Bank in community activities.
- Maintains knowledge of and compliance with all Bank policies, Bank Secrecy Act, and confidentiality standards, and all State and Federal regulations.
- Cross-sell bank products and services.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 2-3 years (s) of relevant experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience, plus two (2) – three (3) years of mortgage origination experience.
- Advanced knowledge of real estate values and credit analysis.
- Good mathematical skills and proficient computer skills.
- Thorough understanding of Processing, Underwriting, and Closing.
- Knowledge of conforming and non-conforming underwriting standards.
- Previous automated underwriting experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to establish strong customer relationships.
- Accurate, deadline- and detail-oriented.
- 25% availability to travel outside of a 25-mile radius.
Please email your resume and letter of interest to: firstname.lastname@example.org. MountainOne is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status. (Compliant with VEVRAA and Section 503 rules).
MountainOne Bank is Member FDIC. Member DIF. Equal Housing Lender.
Insurance and Investments are not insured by the FDIC and are not deposits or other obligations of, or guaranteed by, any depository institution. Funds are subject to investment risks, including possible loss of principal investment.