Canyon Ranch® has been a trailblazer and an industry-leading proponent of the wellness lifestyle since its founding in 1979, operating the world’s most celebrated collection of life-enhancement properties, holistic living developments, and complementary brand extensions. Ushering in its 40th Anniversary this year, Canyon Ranch has imparted integrative expertise to millions of guests on land, at sea, and in the air. With established wellness destination resorts in Tucson, Arizona and Lenox, Massachusetts, the brand’s first foray into California introduces Canyon Ranch Wellness Retreat – Woodside. Slated to open in summer 2019, the company’s first retreat model will offer guests highly-sensory, personalized wellness sojourns and thoughtfully-curated programs embracing multiple themes. In addition, Canyon Ranch operates the world’s largest day spa at The Venetian® hotel in Las Vegas, Nevada and 22 Canyon Ranch at Sea® wellness facilities onboard luxury cruise ships: Cunard Cruise Line, Oceania® Cruises, Regent Seven Seas Cruises®, and on Celebrity Cruises®. Canyon Ranch is a 13-time winner of Travel + Leisure’s Best Spa Award, an 11-time recipient of the Condé Nast Traveler Best Destination Spa Award, and both wellness resorts were named in the 2019 U.S. News & World Report Best Hotels rankings.
Canyon Ranch is looking for a Medical Office Manager at our Lenox, MA location.
As a Canyon Ranch Medical Office Manager, you will be responsible for assisting and supporting the Health and Healing Director with managing the Health and Healing operations, including staffing, programming, guest relations, budget, and facilities, with direct oversight of Medical Office operations, Nursing, Administrative Assistants/MOA.
You will be responsible for:
- Colleague Supervision: Supervise medical office staff, including oversight of payroll, scheduling, selection, onboarding, training, admin projects including handling the CME process, performance evaluation, counseling, and terminations.
- Guest Experience: Ensures all guest requests are accommodated expediently and courteously. Troubleshoots and resolves guest-related concerns and complaints as needed. Reviews JDP, attends meetings, and creates action plans for improving the guest experience in Health & Healing.
- Communication: Informs the Health & Healing Director of any unresolved incidents or issues that occurred during the shift.
- Supplies: Maintains proper office supply inventory levels through the ordering of office supplies via stock and non-stock items through the Purchasing department for all Health & Healing departments.
- Facilities: Maintains a strong partnership with the Facilities Department to ensure strong communication of problems and timely repairs. Monitors and ensures proper and regular maintenance of office equipment and area, regularly notifying Facilities when service or maintenance is needed. Ensures that safety-related issues or concerns are reported and addressed promptly. Arranges proper maintenance of medical equipment through utilization of outside vendors.
- Quality Assurance: Proper use of electronic medical records system, conducts routine audits, creates and maintains proper protocol and procedures for the medical department.
- Experience Required: 3-5 years previous experience in same or related field.
- Education Required: Associate degree or two-year equivalent specialized training or experience.
- Certification/License: CPR/AED certification required within 90 days of employment and a valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving history.