A collaborative, inspiring, and innovative educator, a Miss Hall’s School Math Teacher actively participates in delivering a curriculum that emphasizes both a solid foundation in math as well as in the encouragement and support of individual student interests in the study of math. A Math Teacher can expect to teach four full-year courses and work in the Math Center as well as performing other duties related to teaching.
- Teach 4 sections of math, potentially including pre-calculus and calculus.
- Work in the Math Center providing extra math support to students.
- Integrate classroom technologies to enhance teaching, learning, and preparation for the future.
- Interest and willingness to participate in interdisciplinary initiatives such as STEAM.
- Actively participate in the growth of the mathematics department, including work in activity-based and/or project-based learning.
- Pursue appropriate professional development and remain abreast of changes in math education and pedagogy.
- Represent the department through committee membership, attendance at faculty and department meetings, and other community initiatives.
- Communicate in a timely and professional manner with all community stakeholders, including parents.
- Assist students in project-based research, as well as recognizing and developing academic and leadership abilities.
- Maintain an active presence and participate fully in campus life by attending School events whenever possible.
- Serve five weekend duty rotations annually.
Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Proficiency in developing and teaching a variety of levels of mathematics; 3-5 years of teaching high school mathematics courses ranging from Algebra One to BC Calculus with Statistics preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in math, math education, or a related field required; master’s degree preferred.
- Willingness to participate in interdisciplinary and innovative curricular design and partnership.
- Demonstrated interest, commitment, and ability to work with students of varied academic levels and interests.
- Experience in direct instruction, inquiry-based learning, and collaborative learning with a focus on a student-centered approach.
- Passion and knowledge about the use of technologies to support creative, innovative, and engaged learning, and ability to inspire students to engage with technology in innovative and effective ways.
- A collaborative and positive attitude regarding teaching and working in an academic environment and an interest in partnering with math teachers from the area.
- Highly-organized and detail-oriented with the ability to manage time-sensitive projects.
- Strong communication skills with an ability to work collaboratively with multiple teams to accomplish complementary goals.
- Commitment to equity and inclusion and the ability to work with a diverse population of students, parents, and colleagues.
- Demonstrated ability to work well as part of a high-functioning team of educators.
- High ethical standards and an awareness of appropriate boundaries, as well as sensitivity and respect for the needs of an adolescent, all-girls population.
- Commitment to the Miss Hall’s School Mission and Core Values.