Bachelor’s degree in a related specialized area or equivalent experience is required, plus a minimum of 2 years of relevant experience; or Master’s degree.
Department of Defense Secret security clearance is preferred at time of hire. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
Responsibilities For This Position
General Dynamics Mission Systems has an immediate opening for a Manufacturing Project Lead. The position provides an opportunity to enhance the performance and profitability of an organization that supports some of our nation’s fundamental defense services. General Dynamics Mission Systems employees work closely with esteemed customers to develop solutions that allow them to carry out high-stakes national security missions.
- Will be the primary point of contact to Program Management, the program IPT, and the customer when required.
- Will represent the organization as the prime technical contact on contracts and projects and proposals.
- Will be the primary point of contact for cost/schedule performance and resource data management.
- Execution of the project will include financial tracking and reporting, EVMS, material tracking responsibility and engineering interface.
- The selected candidate should have considerable knowledge of the other related disciplines (e.g. Engineering, Program Management, etc.) with which the position will work closely.
- Work with Technical team to execute accurate and timely Engineering Parts List.
- Track all material from release of Requisitions through receipt.
Execution of Schedule
- Coordinate all manufacturing activity to achieve 100% on-time delivery.
- Determine the Manufacturing resources needed to support a project. Deliver that information to the planning group to allow adequate organizational planning.
Primary Point of Contact for All Control Account Management
- Coordinate and develop baseline budgets including detailed WBS.
- Responsible for maintaining the integrity of performance measurement baseline and monthly and comprehensive EAC.
- On a weekly and monthly basis, analyze cost and schedule performance and resource data management, assess cost and schedule variance impacts, provide corrective action recommendations and execute corrective action plans.
- Report status on a regular basis to all stakeholders.
Representative Duties and Tasks
- Coordinates and performs cross-functional tasks in support of the operations/manufacturing organization.
- May lead the development of manufacturing and operations plans, schedules, and facilitates assigned projects.
- Prepares complex departmental reports, purchases, requests, and training and development plans and other data as required.
- May represent Manufacturing on preliminary and critical design reviews led by Engineering.
- Coordinates designs with Manufacturing engineering to ensure the practicality of the design and assists in the solution of production difficulties encountered in manufacturing.
- Interfaces with Engineering departments, Quality Control, Manufacturing, Purchasing or other groups as required, in order to complete project plans.
- Works independently in following general outlines of assignments.
- Requires only minimal supervision and technical assistance.
- Normally works under the guidance of an operations manager, senior engineer, or project leader.
- May interface with external customers including DCMA.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Very solid experience and able to perform all responsibilities associated with the position.
- Shows initiative on assignments, exercises independent judgment, and professionally executes projects with little direction.
- Requires the ability to plan, schedule, and execute work.
- Grasps and applies new information quickly; handles more complex assignments.
- Requires multi-tasking abilities without losing focus to complete priority assignments.
- Shows initiative on assignments and professionally executes projects with little direction.
- Directs the efforts of technicians and associates as needed to complete special assignments.
- Mentors others on the team.
- Very solid mechanical or electrical aptitude.
- Very solid verbal and written communication skills.
- Very solid ability to communicate and brief others on the team.
- Very solid computer skills.
- A working knowledge of Microsoft Excel is required.
- EVMS certification is required.
- Candidates must have a manufacturing background.
General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS) engineers a diverse portfolio of high-technology solutions, products, and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of 13,000+ top professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas. Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment, and transparency. We offer highly-competitive benefits and pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose. You will also enjoy a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high-performance team!
General Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/Disability/Veteran