Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, a related specialized area or field, or equivalent experience is required.
Department of Defense Top Secret security clearance is required within a reasonable period of time. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
Responsibilities For This Position
That amazing challenge you’re looking for is here. At GDMS, you’ll share your talent with a team that creates the technologies, products, and services that help our nation’s heroes keep our nation safe. The work is so advanced, it’s often classified “top secret.” It’s your career. Think you’re up to the challenge of GDMS?
The IT Infrastructure & DevOps Engineer is the link between our customers and engineering teams. In this role you will help define requirements, architectures, and engineering for our sub-surface and surface IT systems.
What You’ll Experience
- Opportunities to work on multiple GDMS engineering programs.
- A team of bold thinkers committed to exploring what’s next.
- Opportunities to gain new knowledge – as it’s discovered.
What You Bring To Our Team
- A bachelor’s degree in systems engineering (Systems, Software, Network, or Information Technology), a related specialized area or field, and a minimum of 2 years of relevant experience, or a Master’s degree. You may also bring equivalent relevant experience and/or certifications.
- Experience with RedHat Linux desired, or a strong background in other advanced Linux systems, VMware vSphere, Application Environments, and related technologies.
- CompTia Security+ CE desired at start.
- An ability to design, deploy, and continuously maintain secure, reliable, and flexible best-practice infrastructures and systems.
- Strong ability in researching and troubleshooting complex technical issues.
What Sets You Apart
- Ability to quickly grasp and adopt new technologies while continuously developing yourself.
- Handle all levels of support, with ability to collaborate and communicate with those of varying levels of technical skill.
- Ability to multi-task, attention to detail, and strong motivational skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills from a variety of viewpoints.
What Else You Should Know
Department of Defense active Top-Secret security clearance is required within 24 months of hire. Applicants selected for the Sr. Infrastructure & Systems Engineer position will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
Applicant must meet DoD 8570.1 certification requirements for IAT-I or higher. You must hold or complete CompTIA Security+ certification minimum within 60 days of hire.
General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS) engineers a diverse portfolio of high-technology solutions, products, and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of 13,000+ top professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas. Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment, and transparency. We offer highly-competitive benefits and pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose. You will also enjoy a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high-performance team!
General Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/Disability/Veteran