MountainOne is a mutual holding company headquartered in North Adams, Massachusetts. Banking, Insurance, and Investment products are offered at full-service offices in the Berkshires (Pittsfield, North Adams, Williamstown) and on Boston’s South Shore (Quincy, Rockland, Scituate). MountainOne is dedicated to the local communities we serve, with a mission of delivering solutions of real value that help individuals, businesses, and community institutions manage their financial lives with clarity and confidence.
- MountainOne Bank, founded in 1848, provides a complete array of personal and business banking and electronic services.
- MountainOne Insurance provides personal and business insurance, bonding services, and group benefits solutions.
- MountainOne Investments provides individual investment services and group financial benefit plans (financial professionals offering securities and advisory services through Commonwealth Financial Network®, Member FINRA/SIPC, a Registered Investment Advisor)
MountainOne Bank has a wonderful opportunity to join our Human Resources team as a Human Resources Officer. The Human Resources Officer is an integral member of the Human Resources team and actively supports a wide range of human resources functions and activities including: benefits administration; recruitment, selection, and onboarding; employee communications; coordination and recordkeeping for all training and professional development programs and initiatives. In addition to having a focus in these key areas, the HR Officer will be a key contributor in various HR and organizational initiatives. The HR Officer must have the ability to exercise critical thinking skills and to manage sensitive employee and company information with discretion and professionalism.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Possesses the ability to anticipate the needs of the department, offer help, and to be a critical thinker.
- Provides a warm and welcoming environment for all employees both in person and remotely; establishes positive relationships with employees and consistently provides support as needed.
- Supports recruitment efforts across the organization, including maintaining current job descriptions and posting of all job ads both internally and externally, and applicant tracking including affirmative action data collection and reporting.
- Screens applicants based upon job requirements and supports the needs of hiring managers throughout the recruitment process to ensure the process is fair, consistent, efficient, and in conformance with all regulatory guidelines and best practices.
- Under the direction of the SVP Senior HR Officer, prepares offer letters and performs background checks for all applicants.
- Manages new hire orientation program in close collaboration with SHRO, hiring managers, and those involved in the program throughout the organization.
- Responsible for recordkeeping including the organization, compilation, and updating of all personnel records in accordance with departmental procedures and all state and federal guidelines and requirements.
- Creates and maintains central training records for individual employees as well as aggregate training records on an organizational level.
- Supports MountainOne’s commitment to professional development by seeking meaningful and effective internal and external training opportunities for employees throughout the organization; communicates to employees and to leadership team to encourage participation.
- Manages the HR page on the intranet site ensuring that all employee benefit information, including plan documents and resources, are current and accurate; publishes employee communications in collaboration with the SVP Senior HR Officer.
- Responsible for taking minutes for both monthly Berkshire and South Shore-based board meetings and quarterly audit committee meetings.
- Proficient in utilizing the HRIS and payroll system (currently Paychex FLEX) for recordkeeping and reporting; assist with payroll preparation and time clock management.
- Provides support in administering employee benefits by processing enrollments and changes, reconciling monthly bills, and making changes in the HRIS and payroll system as required.
- Responsible for all Vendor Management activities on a monthly, quarterly, and/or annual basis.
- Participates in planning and implementing various employee-relations and employee-satisfaction initiatives.
- Assists with management of committees and initiatives including communication committee and wellness activities; responsible for scheduling meetings and taking minutes.
- Maintains discretion and confidentiality with all Senior Management, Board members, and employees; possesses a high level of integrity.
- Addresses employee inquiries and concerns relative to payroll and benefits, workplace safety, HR policies and procedures, training, and development.
- Represents MountainOne at community and recruiting events.
- Maintains employee confidence by keeping human resource information confidential.
- Participates in and completes in a timely manner all training as assigned and required.
- All other duties as required.
- High school diploma required; bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 5+ years of experience required.
- High level of integrity and discretion in dealing with confidential employee and organizational information.
- Highly detail-oriented and organized.
- Ability to multi task, meet deadlines, and assist team members.
- Proactive approach to problem-solving with decision-making ability.
- Resourceful team player with the ability to be effective independently.
- Strong commitment for the benefit of and in the best interest of the organization.
- Excellent written, verbal, and computer skills; proficiency in Microsoft Office suite required.
- Solid communication skills, including active listening and note taking.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to sit, drive, bend, lift over 25 lbs., answer the phone, and perform computer input.
Please email your resume and letter of interest to: firstname.lastname@example.org. MountainOne is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status. (Compliant with VEVRAA and Section 503 rules)
MountainOne Bank is Member FDIC. Member DIF. Equal Housing Lender.
Insurance and Investments are not insured by the FDIC and are not deposits or other obligations of, or guaranteed by, any depository institution. Funds are subject to investment risks, including possible loss of principal investment.