Canyon Ranch® has been a trailblazer and an industry-leading proponent of the wellness lifestyle since its founding in 1979, operating the world’s most celebrated collection of life-enhancement properties, holistic living developments, and complementary brand extensions. Celebrating its 40th Anniversary this year, Canyon Ranch has imparted integrative expertise to millions of guests on land, at sea, and in the air. With established wellness destination resorts in Tucson, Arizona and Lenox, Massachusetts, the brand’s first foray into California introduces Canyon Ranch Wellness Retreat – Woodside.
Slated to open in fall 2019, the first Canyon Ranch retreat model will offer guests highly-sensory, personalized wellness sojourns and thoughtfully-curated programs embracing multiple themes. In addition, Canyon Ranch operates the world’s largest day spa at The Venetian® hotel in Las Vegas, Nevada; it has an ongoing collaboration with Singapore Airlines® to provide food and wellness services on its ultra-long range flights; and it operates 22 Canyon Ranch at Sea® wellness facilities onboard luxury cruise ships: Cunard Cruise Line, Oceania® Cruises, Regent Seven Seas Cruises®, and on Celebrity Cruises®. Canyon Ranch is a 13 -time winner of Travel + Leisure’s Best Spa Award, an 11-time recipient of the Conde Nast Traveler Best Destination Spa Award, and both Canyon Ranch resorts were named in the 2019 U.S. News & World Report Best Hotels rankings.
Canyon Ranch is looking for a Human Resources Manager at our Lenox, MA location.
As the Human Resources Manager, you will have a professional demeanor, strong knowledge of employment laws, good coaching/counseling skills, good judgment, and a genuine desire to facilitate positive outcomes. Your primary responsibilities will include administering pay, benefits, leaves, workers’ compensation, compliance with statutory requirements, execution of employee relations activities, supervision and training of staff members, and providing each department with the personnel guidance and support necessary to achieve their customer service and business objectives.
- Experience Required: 3-5 years previous experience in same or related field.
- Education Required: Associate degree or two-year equivalent specialized training or experience required.
- Possesses strong understanding of federal and state labor laws, and common HR practices and procedures.
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Skilled in Microsoft office applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Excellent organizational, judgement, listening, and time-management skills.
- Possesses strong attention to detail and follow-up skills with ability to identify and resolve problems.
- Ability to develop & maintain strong working relationships with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to facilitate & mediate sensitive or confrontational matters effectively.