The Southern Berkshire Regional School District is looking for a classroom teacher who is highly motivated and engaging.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills:
- Be student-focused and demonstrate consistent ability to individualize instruction for a diverse group of learners.
- Have a sense of classroom management and a differentiated instruction style.
- Collaborate and share ideas with other teachers.
- Use of positive behavioral interventions for supervision and management of classroom.
- Knowledge and ability to implement Massachusetts state standards in all curriculum areas.
- Ability to incorporate technology into classroom activities.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Assess each child’s academic skills on an ongoing basis using designated assessment tools.
- Use assessment information to inform instruction.
- Communicate with parents on an ongoing basis.
- Past experience teaching at the elementary and secondary level a plus.
- MA DESE Certification (Grades 5-8) Social Studies (Grades 9-12 a plus).
Preferred deadline June 10, 2019 (Applications will be accepted until the position is filled). Position starts on or about August 26, 2019.
Please submit letter of interest and resume to:
Superintendent of Schools
Southern Berkshire Regional School District
PO Box 339
Sheffield, MA 01257
The Southern Berkshire Regional School District does not discriminate on the basis of Race, Color, Age, Creed, National Origin, Disability, Sex, Gender Identity, Religion, Limited English Proficiency, Housing Status, Actual or Potential Marital Status or Parental Status, or Sexual Orientation.