At Entrepreneurship for All (EforAll), we’re a fast-growing, non-profit organization that offers innovative entrepreneurial and business ownership programs for free to the areas we serve.
EforAll began in 2010 as the Merrimack Valley Sandbox, a project launched under University of Massachusetts – Lowell with initial funding from the Deshpande Foundation. We first began working in the Massachusetts cities of Lowell and Lawrence to build a thriving, community-based entrepreneurial ecosystem.
Since our beginning, we have grown and proudly have offices in Cape Cod, New Bedford/Fall River, Holyoke, Lawrence, Lowell, Lynn, and New Bedford. We have also started growing nationally with our first office opening in the Greater Denver Area in Colorado with plans to grow and open more offices in Massachusetts and other states.
Check us out at www.EforAll.org
Our Purpose, Social Impact, and Culture
EforAll is accelerating economic and social impact by making entrepreneurship and small business ownership a possibility. We have developed an innovative small business/nonprofit accelerator program that fosters entrepreneurial growth within the community.
We are a fun, dynamic, and energetic group of people who provide opportunities, resources, and support in turning our entrepreneurs’ dreams of starting a business into a reality.
Our social and economic impact is to revitalize our communities through our entrepreneurs and small business owners because we believe that they understand their community, its problems, and possess ideas and solutions that will make their local area prosper.
What We’re Looking For
We are looking for an Executive Director with the drive to directly work and assist entrepreneurs who participate in our various programs offered at our Berkshire County location.
If you are someone who likes to work in a diverse environment where you and your Program Manager interact directly with community leaders, plan events around our programs, and represent the organization at all events, then this job was made for you.
In other words, if you are a person who:
Likes to get involved in and advocates for your community, enjoys speaking in public, loves planning, promoting, and leading events, and takes pleasure in creating new relationships and networking with community members, leaders, and community advocates, then this is the job where you will shine.
We are also looking for someone who will work directly with and lead groups of budding entrepreneurs by informing them, advocating for them, and supporting them at all stages of all our programs.
Our most successful Executive Directors are people who love to interact and lead other people. They are also full of empathy, passion, and energy; are fun-loving, hardworking, self-motivated, organized, detail oriented, full of passion, and care about their community.
Your Experience/Background Details
Our ideal person will possess a Bachelor’s Degree with past experience in fundraising, event planning, community work, volunteer management, non-profit development, public speaking, and networking.
Strong computer skills are essential, including Google drive.
Our annual salary starts in the low-to-mid $60k. Of course, the more experience, applied knowledge, and talent you have, the higher your pay rate.
Your Work Hours
Regular work hours are Monday through Friday, 9 AM to 5 PM, with one or two days a week working a sliding schedule that will start later in the day and end as late as 9 PM.
Because this position is integral to the success of all programs we provide to our entrepreneurs, the work hours are dynamic. Please keep in mind that many of our programs run during the evening hours on a consistent schedule so as to make them accessible to the majority of the community.
Like to be considered for the job? Send us your Resume and Cover Letters to: hiring@EforAll.org
Title: Executive Director, Berkshire County, MA
Reports To: Director of Programs, Entrepreneurship for All
Entrepreneurship for All (EforAll) is focused on accelerating economic and social impact through inclusive entrepreneurship. Currently EforAll is operating in Massachusetts in the Merrimack Valley (Lowell & Lawrence) and the South Coast (New Bedford & Fall River), the North Shore (Greater Lynn), Cape Cod (Hyannis) and Western Mass (Holyoke).
Title: Executive Director
EforAll is looking to hire a full-time Executive Director, effective immediately. The person is the primary officer responsible for the day-to-day operations, leading the organization’s fund development efforts, directing the work of a professional staff, and serving as the primary spokesperson for EforAll in Pittsfield, MA. Reporting to the local Leadership Advisory Board & Director of Programs will ensure that the organization is fiscally sound and that its internal and external communications, fund development, and programs are meeting the current and emergent needs and interests of its constituents.
The Executive Director will have a working knowledge of business, startups, and be a leader and manager who is adept at balancing internal management with external impact and visibility. The individual must be an outstanding communicator who is able to convey effectively the mission and activities of EforAll to a variety of constituencies, as well as to the broader public.
Leadership and Vision
- Serve as a visionary leader to raise the profile of EforAll within Pittsfield, MA and surrounding region.
- Establish a clear vision for the continued innovation and excellence in all programs and efforts.
- Provide direction to guide programs that align with the organization’s vision.
- Initiate and strengthen relationships and collaborations with organizations and leaders who are connected to the EforAll’s mission and purpose.
General Management, Finance and Administration and Program
- Ensure effective management and leadership that the day-to-day operations are professionally and efficiently organized and administered.
- Lead the organization’s major gift fundraising efforts, maintaining a portfolio of the affiliate’s largest donors.
- Determine staffing needs for organization in consultation with board and develop a growth plan.
- Direct and evaluate communications strategies to ensure ongoing programmatic excellence.
- Oversee the organization’s financial operations including ensuring that sound financial controls and accounting procedures are in place.
- Lead, coach, develop, and retain a cohesive staff, ensuring that there is strong internal communication and coordination.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive fundraising plan that includes major gifts from individuals, corporate sponsorships, grants, in-kind donations, memberships, the annual gala, and other charitable events.
- Build a larger, sustained base of individual donors.
- Manage and oversee fundraising events.
- Track proposals and reports for all grants, foundation, and corporate fundraising.
- Manage and maintain the donor management system with assistance from HQ.
- Inform the budget process by determining the amount of contributed revenue that can be raised to support programs and operations.
- A dedicated leader and representative who can translate vision into action.
- A person who is intelligent and inspiring; able to conceptualize, express ideas, and act on opportunities for EforAll.
- An entrepreneur who is creative, strategic, resourceful, and understands the value of creating relationships with other organizations and key stakeholders aligned with EforAll’s goals.
- An energetic person who can handle and prioritize multiple activities and responsibilities; a self-starter and finisher.
- A team player who inspires collaboration and functions decisively; flexible and well-organized.
- A person who is outgoing and straightforward; one who shares information easily; listens as well as gives advice; respects the abilities of others.
- Passionate about startups and entrepreneurship.
- Bachelors, MBA, or M.A. in relevant field preferred.
- Minimum of five years of experience in planning/organizing/directing/running programs preferred.
- Ability to work flexibly in a start-up, teamwork environment and take initiative as a self-starter.
- Proven track record of building philanthropic relationships.
- Basic awareness of grant and foundation landscape.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with people from diverse personal and professional backgrounds.
- Access to a vehicle for travel (mileage outside commuting will be reimbursed).
- Knowledge of Pittsfield, MA preferred.
Salary commensurate with experience; Full benefits for full time work; Great networking and professional development.
Send a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
Please, no phone inquiries.