Summary of Position
Provides executive-level support to the President/CEO, Board of Directors, Executive and Governance Committees.
Key Responsibility Areas
- Serves as executive assistant to President/CEO, including maintaining her/his calendar, screening phone calls and prioritizing all communications. Participates in and/or leading special projects/assignments as directed by the President/CEO.
- Provides support services to the Board of Directors, Executive and Governance Committees, including recording and distributing minutes, maintaining files, distributing materials, and keeping all members up-to-date with appropriate information. Provides support for the orientation of new board members, including organizing materials for board manuals.
- Maintains all official organizational and governance records of the organization.
- Coordinates activities to ensure Board and organization’s policies and procedures are updated annually and/or as needed.
Support for Operations:
- Serves as liaison to United Way of America and United Way Worldwide to ensure compliance with membership requirements.
- Develops and maintains organization’s master calendar including managing conference room use for meetings/events at BUW.
- Posts conference room schedules daily with an eye for conflicts and hospitality.
- Assists in planning, organizing, and executing Berkshire United Way meetings and presentations; provides support for BUW events as needed or assigned.
- Lives the vision, mission, and core values of Berkshire United Way.
- Serve as an ambassador in the community, promoting the work of Berkshire United Way.
- Successfully identify, engage, and recognize volunteers in support of Berkshire United Way work.
- Flexible schedule required, including early mornings, nights, and weekends as needed.
- Valid driver’s license and availability of motor vehicle for travel.
- Actively participate in efforts to raise resources to support the mission of Berkshire United Way.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Three to five years of experience in administrative or executive support.
- Ability to anticipate, organize, prioritize, and follow through on executive support tasks, keeping President/CEO organized.
- Demonstrated computer skills and competency in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint, as well as internet research.
- Excellent communication (oral, written, and listening) and interpersonal skills required.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain strictest confidentiality.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure, to be part of a team, and to meet deadlines.