Come join our team! We are excited to announce an opening for a Second Shift Electrical Trades Technician. This is a full-time, year-round regular appointment reporting to the Mechanical and Electrical Trades Manager. The schedule for this position will be Monday to Friday 3:00 pm to 11:30 pm. Schedules are subject to change based on the needs of the department, which may include on-call assignments, emergencies, and overtime.
The Electrical Trades Technician will perform assigned duties related to the maintenance, testing, and operation of all building electrical, fire alarm, security, and lighting systems across campus. Also included are exit and emergency lights, heat cables, emergency power generation systems, building elevators, and chair lifts.
The Facilities Department is dedicated to providing excellent service to a diverse population of faculty, staff, and students. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive community and strongly encourage candidates from underrepresented groups to apply.
- Minimum of five years of relevant work experience.
- Valid Massachusetts Electrical license as a Journeyman Electrician or Electrician D preferred, or the ability to obtain MA licensing within an acceptable time frame.
- Knowledge of integrated systems technology, troubleshooting alarms, and the ability to review control programs preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of NFPA 70E safety protocols, along with general OSHA regulations.
- The ability to work without immediate supervision, lift heavy objects up to 75 pounds with assistance, and work on ladders and lifts.
- Experience with fire protection systems and their maintenance and installation, is highly preferred. Not limited to but including: Notifier fire alarm, S2 security systems preferred.
- This position is required to be accountable for work planning and scheduling, and to have a broad knowledge of all phases of construction and planned maintenance processes.
- Valid driver’s license.
Pay rate starts at $30/hour for a fully-licensed Electrician and $20/hour for an apprentice, commensurate with experience. Williams also offers excellent benefits including medical, dental, and vision insurances, life insurance, our retirement plan, paid time off, tuition assistance, relocation support, and more. Application review will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Conditions of Employment
Employment at Williams is contingent on the verification of background information submitted by the applicant, including the completion of a criminal record check, and education when applicable.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Beyond meeting fully its legal obligations for non-discrimination, Williams College is committed to building a diverse and inclusive community where members from all backgrounds can live, learn, and thrive.