Creative and enthusiastic, the Editorial Director is involved in all written storytelling aspects of the company, from the overall vision to the simplest email. A successful candidate will be able to quickly grasp and develop the brand voice, as well as write with a clever, natural warmth.
The perfect candidate will have an equal combination of creative and strategic experience, and know how to effectively leverage content to engage customers in order to meet business objectives. The Editorial Director will have the ability to create content, as well as build a community of storytellers and creators, while working with teams inside the organization to support our overall brand and growth goals.
- Serve as an exemplary writer with a clean, concise, well-polished voice
- Create all storytelling to support the brand and customers’ interest
- Develop and edit written content for all areas of the business, both digital and print
- Create and strengthen an editorial calendar that delivers to company and campaign plans
- Maintain copy library and oversee all editorial duties
- Maintain consistency with our company’s tone and mission
- Stay up-to-date with the latest industry trends
- Bring the Annie Selke Brand to life across integrated marketing channels (including: owned channels, paid advertising, and earned media) to drive greater customer awareness, engagement, conversion, and loyalty
- Oversee integrated communications process for all marketing campaigns, from ideation to execution
- Harness data and technology to track, test, and improve KPIs across customer segments and campaigns
- Create content amplification strategies to expand the reach of our brand stores across existing or new channels
- Collaborate on external brand and design partnerships to develop co-branded storytelling opportunities
VP of Creative, Campaign Director, Founder, Director of Product Development
Number of Direct Reports and Titles
Proven ability to provide consistently excellent copy with outstanding attention to detail and self-editing ability.
Education/ Experience/ Skills
- Bachelor’s degree (English or Journalism preferred)
- Seven + years’ experience in professional writing/editing or digital media
- Comprehension of standard grammar (Chicago style)
- Exceptional writing, editing, and communication skills
- Deep interest in home and home lifestyle
- Proven ability to perceive stories where others don’t
- Deeply customer-centric mindset, understand our customers and how to engage with them
- Analytical ability to process and make decisions based on data and quantitative goals
- Have a sense of urgency and the ability to manage multiple concurrent deadlines
- Strong player-coach mentality, with the ability to develop others
Please forward your cover letter, three writing samples, and resume to email@example.com.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel assigned to this job.
Fresh American LLC, d/b/a The Annie Selke Companies, is an equal opportunity employer.