Title of Position: Director of Facilities
Salary: Low $90s with benefits
Effective: June 2019
Reporting directly to the Vice President for Administration & Finance, the Director is responsible for the planning, budgeting, and direction of facilities management and operations, including site utilities and solar array; HVAC; skilled trades; custodial services (i.e., maintainers); capital project planning, design, and construction; maintenance of buildings, grounds, and athletic complex (i.e., community turf field, grass fields, tennis courts, and swimming pool); sustainability and recycling programs; hazardous and non-hazardous waste; automated building and energy management systems; and other related services necessary for the operation, maintenance, and construction of college facilities.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Bachelor’s degree with at least 5 years of experience in facilities management or construction management.
- Substantial supervisory and administrative experience directly related to the management of a physical plant.
- Ability to understand and develop construction bid specifications as well as manage contractors and vendors.
- Ability to collaborate with and motivate others.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work well with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Experience working with a bargaining unit preferred.
Source of Funding: State Funded
Area of Assignment: Administration & Finance
MCCC ☐ AFSCME ☐ DCE ☐ Non-Unit ☒ Full-time ☒ Part -Time ☐
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, and a list of names and telephone numbers of three (3) current professional references by visiting the employment section of our website at www.berkshirecc.edu/employment.
Review of applications will begin on May 10, 2019 and will continue until the position is filled. BCC is committed to providing an inclusive learning and working environment that values the diverse backgrounds of all people and encourages applications from individuals whose experiences and perspectives model the opportunities and success derived from a college education.