The Lee Public Schools has the following position available: Lee Elementary School Dean of Students
Responsibilities of the Successful Candidate
- Crisis-responder capable of de-escalating and maintaining student safety, including those with extreme behaviors.
- Foster positive relationships with students, families, and staff.
- Continue to build upon and maintain a strong school culture and climate.
- Manage the discipline support room and supervise those that monitor it.
- Monitor and manage the school-wide database for behavior infractions.
- Monitor student attendance daily and respond following the school’s attendance policies.
- Mediate conflicts between students using a restorative justice model.
- Continue to build upon and maintain a building-wide PBIS system.
- Support and assist teachers with student discipline and help facilitate parent/guardian communication.
- Collaborate often with the special education department.
- Assist the principal with the creation and/or improvement of building management structures.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Data analysis and data presentation skills.
- Works well in a collaborative teaching and learning environment.
- A deep understanding of best practices for student discipline.
Per agreement with Lee Education Association.
Please submit letter of interest and resume to:
Lee Public Schools Superintendent’s Office
Attn: B. Bianco
300 Greylock Street, Lee, MA 01238
The Lee Public Schools complies with all federal and state laws prohibiting discrimination in hiring or employment practices. The Lee Public Schools does not discriminate based upon race, color, national origin, sex, handicap, gender identity, religion and/or sexual orientation.