The College is seeking applications for an Athletic Trainer. This is a full-time 10-month, term appointment. The position will begin immediately and conclude mid-June. The Athletic Trainer works collaboratively with the Sports Medicine staff in providing medical services for student-athletes participating in a broad-based Division III athletic program consisting of 32 varsity teams as well as additional support for Club Sport programs. These medical services include, but are not limited to, the prevention/recognition of athletic injury, evaluation/care of athletic injury, and rehabilitation/reconditioning of injured student-athletes, as well as additional administrative duties as assigned by the Director of Sports Medicine.
Williams College has profoundly transformed its student body in terms of socioeconomic status, ethnicity, and nationality, among other areas. Our expectation is that the successful candidate will excel at working in a community that is broadly diverse with regard to race, ethnicity, socioeconomic status, gender, nationality, sexual orientation, and religion.
- Candidates must be certified by the Board of Certification (BOC) and be eligible for Massachusetts State Licensure (active/current Massachusetts State License preferred).
- Bachelor’s degree in Athletic Training or related field and a minimum of 3 years professional experience is required, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Master’s degree in Athletic Training, Sports Medicine, or related field preferred.
- Additional consideration will be given to candidates who have practical experience with a variety of athletic teams in the Division III setting, including contact sports.
- Candidates should also demonstrate the ability to interact effectively with a diverse population of student athletes and athletic department staff.
Review of applications will begin May 6, 2021 and continue until the position is filled. Pay starts at $43,000, commensurate with experience. Job Group 2-E. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us via phone at (413) 597-2681 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Conditions of Employment
Employment at Williams is contingent on the verification of background information submitted by the applicant, including the completion of a criminal record check, and education when applicable.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Beyond meeting fully its legal obligations for non-discrimination, Williams College is committed to building a diverse and inclusive community where members from all backgrounds can live, learn and thrive.
Williams College is a coeducational liberal arts institution located in the Berkshire Hills of western Massachusetts with access to the culturally rich cities of Albany, Boston, and New York City. Williams has built its reputation on outstanding teaching and scholarship and on the academic excellence of its students. The college is committed to building and supporting a diverse population of approximately 2,000 students, and to fostering an inclusive faculty, staff and curriculum.