Title of Position: Assistant Professor – Practical Nursing (PN)
Full-time, tenure-track MCCC Unit Position
Salary: Estimated range $47,119 – $54,694* (per MCCC contract) with benefits
Effective: Fall 2019
- Supervision and evaluation of students in a team-taught, 41-week Practical Nursing (P.N.) certificate program to include simulation lab experiences.
- Provide 15 credit hours of classroom and on-campus and off-campus clinical instruction (day, weekend, and/or evening assignments) each semester.
- Assist with preparation of reports required by accreditation and governing agencies.
- Use technology effectively to communicate with students and colleagues as well as to enhance classroom learning as appropriate; integrate simulation technology into the practical nursing curriculum.
- Serve on college committees as elected or appointed.
- Maintain competence through academic and professional credentials, continuing education, and professional growth.
- Responsible for student advising, college service, community service, and professional development in accordance with MCCC agreement.
- Current Massachusetts Registered Nurse (RN) license in good standing.
- Possess master’s degree in nursing or equivalent combination of education (BSN) and experience.
- Possess a minimum of two years full-time nursing experience, or its equivalent, within the last five years, and maintain expertise appropriate to responsibilities.
- Evidence of clinical competence in area of clinical instruction.
- Commitment to support student-centered, outcomes-based education.
- Ability to incorporate multiple instructional strategies, including simulation, and integrate computer technology common in nursing practice and education.
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse faculty, staff, and student body.
- Background appropriate to teach Fundamentals of Nursing, Acute Medical/Surgical Nursing, and Gerontological Nursing.
- Demonstrated excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Teaching experience in higher education, preferably at a community college.
Source of Funding: 01
Area of Assignment: Academic Affairs (Nursing, Health & Social Sciences)
MCCC ☒ AFSCME ☐ DCE ☐ Non-Unit ☐ Full-time ☒ Part -Time ☐
*Full-time is defined as 2 semesters of instruction: September to mid-December & mid-January to mid-May.
Practical Nursing program requires additional days of instruction with additional compensation (approximately $10,115 – $11,200 as per the provisions of MCCC contract) beyond the estimated range stated above.
For consideration, submit cover letter, resume, names and telephone numbers of three current professional references, and a one-page statement containing your philosophy of teaching practical nursing at a community college by visiting the employment section of our website at www.berkshirecc.edu/employment.
A 10-15 minute teaching demonstration will be required as part of the interview process.
Application Closing Date: May 17, 2019.
BCC is committed to providing an inclusive learning and working environment that values the diverse backgrounds of all people and encourages applications from individuals whose experiences and perspectives model the opportunities and success derived from a college education.