Title of Position: Assistant Professor – Associate Degree in Nursing
Full-time, tenure-track MCCC Unit Position
Salary: Estimated range $47,153 – $55,417 (per MCCC contract) with benefits
Effective: Fall 2019
- Supervision and evaluation of students in a team-taught nursing program to include simulation lab experiences.
- Provide 15 credit hours of classroom and on-campus and off-campus clinical instruction (day, weekend, and/or evening assignments) each semester. (Fall semester runs September to mid-December; spring semester runs mid-January to mid-late May).
- Participate in the systematic evaluation of all components of the program.
- Assist with preparation of reports required by accreditation and governing agencies, including but not limited to: development, implementation, and evaluation of policies.
- Participate in student admission process.
- Participate in college and program governance.
- Responsible for student advising, college service, community service, and professional development in accordance with MCCC agreement.
- This position teaches in the first and/or second year curricula.
- Master’s degree in nursing (MSN).
- Current Massachusetts Registered Nurse License (good standing) and a minimum of 2 years full-time nursing experience (or its equivalent) within the past 5 years.
- Evidence of clinical competence in area of clinical instruction.
- Commitment to support student-centered, outcomes-based education.
- Ability to incorporate multiple instructional strategies and integrate computer technology with instruction.
- Recent background appropriate to teach Acute Medical/Surgical Nursing, Fundamentals of Nursing, Pediatrics/Maternity/Child Health, and Mental Health.
- Applicants should be proven team-players with an ongoing commitment to personal and professional development.
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse faculty, staff, and student body.
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated excellent teaching skills including using interactive and varied pedagogical strategies as well as experience with high-fidelity simulation.
- Teaching experience in higher education, preferably at a community college.
Source of Funding: State Funded
Area of Assignment: Academic Affairs
MCCC ☒ AFSCME ☐ DCE ☐ Non-Unit ☐ Full-time ☒ Part -Time ☐
*Full-time is defined as 2 semesters of instruction: September to mid-December & mid-January to mid-late May.
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, names and telephone numbers of three current professional references, and a one-page statement containing your philosophy of teaching nursing at a community college by visiting the employment section of our website at www.berkshirecc.edu/employment. A teaching demonstration will be required as part of the interview process.
Application Closing Date: May 17, 2019.
BCC is committed to providing an inclusive learning and working environment that values the diverse backgrounds of all people and encourages applications from individuals whose experiences and perspectives model the opportunities and success derived from a college education.