Assistant Middle High School Principal supports the Principal with the daily operations & management of the Middle and High schools, while also assisting with instructional leadership, family & community engagement, and promoting professional culture. These responsibilities include the following tasks along with any other duties assigned by the Principal and/or the Superintendent of Schools.
- Supervises & evaluates teachers & staff as assigned by the Principal.
- Coordinates standardized testing, including training staff, developing a master testing schedule, supervising test administration during testing windows, overseeing test make ups & re-testing, designing/implementing remediation programs, & securing/tracking/returning test materials.
- Manages student 504 plans [504 Plan, refers to the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (Section 504), which states “….individuals with handicaps” are entitled to special or regular education & related services designed to meet the individual student’s needs.”]
- Helps the Principal with Curriculum/Building Leadership Team.
- Participates on the District Leadership Team.
- Assists the Principal in the coordination & evaluation of curricular & instructional programs & makes appropriate recommendations to the District Administrators’ Council for programmatic change &/or modifications.
- Provides input regarding the development & implementation of all school & District plans, such as the MSHS School Improvement Plan & the District’s Strategic Plan as directed by the Principal & Superintendent.
- Attends Individual Student Team (IST) & Individualized Educational Plans (IEPs) meetings.
- Oversees the Response to Intervention (RtI) process at the secondary level.
- Facilitates school-wide Positive Behavior Interventions & Supports (PBIS) Program.
- Directs educational enrichment programs.
Management & Operations
- Serves as the building leader and operates the secondary program in the Principal’s absence.
- Addresses as the primary point of contact proactive & responsive student disciplinary needs.
- Supervises lunch, recess, & arrival/dismissal activities.
- Manages through high visibility in designated schools.
- Implements School Committee policies & District/school procedures.
- Contributes to the annual budget development process.
- Participates as a member of the Crisis Team & District Safety Council.
Family & Community Engagement
- Covers designated evening &/or weekend events.
- Participates on Principal’s Advisory Council (PAC) & Secondary School Council.
- Serves as contact for all family communication on emergent needs or concerns.
- Supports a positive & supportive school culture through ongoing communication with teachers, staff, students, & parents.
- Invests in a shared leadership role at faculty meetings.
- Assists with new & ongoing relevant professional development.
Masters degree in Education, plus DESE administrative certification or eligibility required. Submit letter of interest/resume to:
Superintendent Beth Regulbuto
PO Box 339
Sheffield, MA 01257
on or before July 8, 2019. (Position open until filled)
The Southern Berkshire Regional School District Does Not Discriminate On The Basis Of Race, Color, Age, Creed, National Origin, Disability, Sex, Gender Identity, Religion, Limited English Proficiency, Housing Status, Actual or Potential Marital Status or Parental Status, or Sexual Orientation.