Bachelor’s degree in Manufacturing or Industrial Engineering, a related specialized area or field is required (or equivalent experience), plus a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience; or Master’s degree plus a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience.
Department of Defense Secret security clearance is preferred at time of hire. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
Responsibilities For This Position
At General Dynamics Mission Systems, we create the technologies, products, and services that help our nation’s heroes keep our nation safe. The work we do is so advanced, we are continuously moving the boundaries of what’s possible. Here you’ll work with the best and your talent will be front and center on projects that impact the world. Are you up to the challenge?
We apply advanced technologies such as Artificial Intelligence, Blockchain, AR/VR, Cloud Native, and Quantum Physics to solve our customers’ missions in cyber, RF, undersea, interstellar space and everything in between.
We will rely on your extensive manufacturing and mechanical knowledge to develop, implement, and maintain methods, operation sequence, and processes in the manufacturing or fabrication of parts, components, sub-assemblies, and final assemblies. The seasoned, experienced Senior Manufacturing Engineer we seek will develop manufacturing engineering plans and strategies for specific products and processes and estimate manufacturing costs, determine time standards, and make recommendations for tooling and process requirements of new or existing product lines. At GDMS, we continually seek ways to develop and improve manufacturing methods, utilizing our team’s knowledge of product design, materials and parts, fabrication processes, tooling and production equipment capabilities, assembly methods, and quality control standards.
What You’ll Experience
- Technologies that aren’t just top-notch, they’re often top-secret.
- A team of bold thinkers committed to exploring what’s next.
- Opportunities to gain new knowledge – as it’s discovered.
What You Bring To The Table
- A bachelor’s degree in Manufacturing or Industrial Engineering, a related specialized area or field (or equivalent experience) plus a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in manufacturing; or Master’s degree plus a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience.
- Effectively leads quality initiatives using Six Sigma methodology to determine extent of non-conformance root cause, and corrective action.
- Fully proficient use and understanding of Design for Manufacture (DFM) concepts, principles, and theories.
- Fully proficient understanding of lean techniques and statistical analysis.
What Sets You Apart
- Creative, innovative responsibilities requiring advanced decision-making skills.
- Team player who thrives in collaborative environments and revels in team success, meeting and exceeding personal and team commitments.
- Commitment to ongoing professional development.
- Keeps abreast of technology trends.
General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS) engineers a diverse portfolio of high-technology solutions, products, and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of 13,000+ top professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas. Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment and transparency. We offer highly-competitive benefits and pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose. You will also enjoy a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high-performance team!
General Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/Disability/Veteran