About Berkshire Community College
Berkshire Community College (BCC) has the distinction of being the first community college established in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. Nestled in the scenic Berkshire Hills, our nearly 2,000 students have access to a wide range of career and transfer programs on our newly-renovated campus. Occupying a scenic 180-acre property, just minutes from downtown Pittsfield, Massachusetts, BCC provides students from a broad range of cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds with an intimate learning environment, small class sizes, and much opportunity for interaction with faculty. Berkshire County was home to many forward-thinking historic figures, including W.E.B. DuBois, Susan B. Anthony, and Elizabeth (Mumbet) Freeman, all of whom were pioneers of social justice. The Berkshires contain both rural and urban elements, combining a beautiful natural environment with world-class museums and other cultural opportunities. Pittsfield and Berkshire County continue to evolve, with immigrants from over 70 countries now calling the Berkshires their home. BCC seeks to recruit diverse employees who embrace, as well as demonstrate, a commitment to diversity and inclusion and whose experiences and perspectives model the opportunities and success derived from a college education.
As a member of the enrollment services team, the Admissions Counselor is responsible for recruitment initiatives including meeting with prospective students, assisting with the enrollment process, and participating in recruitment events both on and off campus. The Counselor is also responsible for planning and conducting high school visits; maintaining relationships with guidance offices and community agencies; representing the College at community agencies and public events; and related administrative tasks in the department. Occasional work on the weekends and evenings is required. Some travel necessary.
- Providing information to applicants via telephone, walk-in visits, or scheduled appointments.
- Assisting prospective students in selecting the program of study that best fits their educational needs.
- Facilitating the enrollment process for new students to create a seamless matriculation experience.
- Maintaining a tracking process to keep all informed about the status of applicants.
- Organizing information sessions, making presentations, and conducting recruitment activities.
- Promoting programs through collaboration with selected local high schools.
- Promoting the Dual Enrollment Program through recruitment activities.
- Participating in Open Houses and information sessions for admissions of students.
- Communicating with the Dean and other department employees, current / prospective students, parents, faculty members, and other partners to coordinate activities and to exchange information and resolve problems.
- Performing related work as directed.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Experience in recruiting, outreach, or sales roles.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in a multi-cultural environment.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and time-management skills.
- High level of experience in Microsoft Office, MS Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Ability and willingness to travel locally, and to work occasional weekends and evenings.
Source of Funding: State funded
Estimated Salary: $45,749.00 – $49,065.00 (per MCCC contract)
Area of Assignment: Enrollment Management
Supervisor: Director of Marketing & Student Recruitment
Anticipated Start Date: October 2019
Application Procedures: For consideration, send cover letter, resume, and a list of names and telephone numbers for three (3) current professional references to the Human Resources Office, Berkshire Community College, 1350 West Street, Pittsfield, MA 01201.
Application closing date: September 23, 2019.
BCC is committed to providing an inclusive learning and working environment that values the diverse backgrounds of all people and encourages applications from individuals whose experiences and perspectives model the opportunities and success derived from a college education.
Berkshire Community College is an affirmative action/equal opportunity institution and does not discriminate on basis of race, creed, religion, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information, maternity leave, military service, and national origin in its education programs or employment. All inquiries concerning application of the above should be directed to Melissa Loiodice, Director of Human Resources, at 413-499-4660, ext 1022, Susan B. Anthony Annex Building, Room A19.