Pittsfield, MA, 01201
Supporting people. Enriching lives.
Make a DIFFERENCE for others, yourself, & your career!
Berkshire County Arc is seeking an Accounting-Finance Manager to join our growing team in our Pittsfield office.
Under the direction of the VP of Finance, the Accounting/Finance Manager is responsible for recording and documenting financial transactions of the organization. The Accounting/Finance Manager trains, supervises, and oversees the daily operations of the accounting office and audit systems.
- Supervise and train accounting staff, prepare monthly financial statements for the agency, participate in the preparation of all State contracts, oversee weekly and biweekly payrolls, A/P, and A/R. Maintain and close the monthly General Ledger, reconcile various balance sheet and bank accounts.
- Prepare quarterly tax reports; balance W2’s (staff & clients), prepare 1099’s for vendors.
- Assist in training new residential Site Managers in accounting paperwork.
- Oversee annual agency finance audit.
- Attend Internal Finance meetings and in the absence of the VP of Finance attend Board Finance meetings.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Keep confidential data in a professional manner.
- Handle responsibility, work under pressure, and deal effectively with people.
- Effectively communicate with all BCARC staff, individuals, and general public and state regulatory agencies.
Certifications, Licenses, Education Requirements:
- Associate’s degree in Accounting or related field with five years related experience (BA, CPA preferred).
- Supervisory experience (3 years) and maintaining a flexible work schedule are a must.
- Ability to work cooperatively and effectively in a team.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and complete tasks with a minimum of supervision and maximum accuracy.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.