Who We Are
Guardian is a Fortune 250 global financial services company, as well as one of the largest mutual insurance companies in America. Guardian offers a range of insurance products from life insurance and disability income insurance to annuities and dental plans.
Some of the responsibilities will include:
- Reviewing monthly profit and loss statements.
- Utilizing forensic analysis skills pertaining to financial and occupational matters.
- Comprehensively analyzing personal and business tax returns, annual tax reconciliations.
- Training staff regarding financial matters.
- Discussing financial and occupational matters with clients.
- Utilizing Excel spreadsheets and Pivot Tables.
- Participating in projects work – all while employing strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Your attention to detail.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities all with a positive attitude.
- Will assist with claim decision making to ensure a high level of client satisfaction.
At Guardian, everyone is a leader. Your demonstrated ability to provide superior service, express yourself in an open, honest, and thoughtful manner, and embrace feedback and change will allow you to continue to develop professionally while allowing Guardian to differentiate our business and deliver on our future.
In addition to the above, you will also likely possess:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Taxation, Finance or related education.
- Preferred – 5+ years of relevant experience in tax return preparation and financial analysis.
- Must have strong knowledge of Federal Tax Laws.
- Preferred – CPA license or CFE certification.
We offer our employees:
- 401K Program.
- Paid parental leave and backup family care.
- Medical, dental, vision plans.
- Life and disability insurance.
- Paid Time Off (PTO).
- Wellness discounts.
We recognize the importance of a work-life balance. We promote healthy lifestyles and flexible work arrangements for our employees.
Social responsibility is part of our mission. It stems from our corporate values of putting people first, doing the right thing, and holding ourselves to high standards. As a company and as employees, we are engaged in a variety of initiatives such as volunteering within our local communities, educational alliances with colleges, focusing on sustainability, and promoting diversity and inclusion.